Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

New Tyres for 03 Sti

Search this Thread

Old 02 November 2007, 10:57 PM
alanjack
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Tyres for 03 Sti

I am needing new tyres for above, I have only ever ran with Eagle F1 GSD3's is there a better tyre??? I am very happy with these but never looked at anything else like Toyo etc..

Anyone?
Old 03 November 2007, 10:41 AM
Chelspeed
Scooby Regular

There are cheaper tyres but they don't work so well in the wet or they wear out quickly. There are better tyres for track use but they're rubbish in the wet, cost twice as much, last half as long and trash your back after 10 miles on the motorway. There are tyres that last twice as long but do more than 50mph and you'll be in a ditch.

Are you picking up a theme here? General impression is that the F1's give good grip wet or dry, don't rattle you to pieces, don't cost a fortune, last a reasonable mileage and are generally well suited to the Impreza. I'll use them again.
Old 03 November 2007, 08:49 PM
scooby-tc
Scooby Regular

I highly recommend having a look a look at the vredestein Ultra Sessantas,not only do they look great the grip is phenomenal havent had a chance to try them in the wet yet but they have done very well in recent tyre tests
Old 03 November 2007, 10:34 PM
Skooby53
Scooby Regular

I use Michelin Primacy HP's not the cheapest but last very well. I have had my MY99 UK Turbo since it was a year old( just can't bring myself to sell it ) I have tried a few other brands including Bridgestone( They were pants! ) The Michelin's are fantastic in the wet and grip almost as well as they do in the dry. I base this on my ownership of the same scoob for 7yrs and many miles
Old 03 November 2007, 10:59 PM
cpk
Scooby Regular

I'm currently running toyos, I've had michelin primacys, p6000s (**** but lasted ages!) and pzeros (very soft) on other cars and by far the best tyre was the GSD3.

Considering the price and performance they will definitely be my next purchase.
Old 03 November 2007, 11:01 PM
SineSTI
Scooby Regular

There is on the market new f1 tyres (no gsd3).
Old 06 November 2007, 06:30 PM
lunar tick
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scooby-tc
I highly recommend having a look a look at the vredestein Ultra Sessantas,not only do they look great the grip is phenomenal havent had a chance to try them in the wet yet but they have done very well in recent tyre tests
I'm using these - phenomenal. Great grip in wet, damp or dry, excellent steering feel and turn-in, low noise, high comfort and so far, wearing pretty well. All road car tyres are a compromose, but the Sessantas seems to compromise far less than lots of others out there