Notices
Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Anyone got the Scoobysport or TSL 2 pot upgrade kits?

Search this Thread

Old 08 January 2002, 10:01 PM
alexf
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I’m after upgrading the brakes on my Scooby (R reg MY97) but can’t afford the likes of the AP/Brembo 6 pots, so I’m looking at keeping the standard 2 pot calipers but upgrading the cr@ppy pads and discs. I’ve narrowed the options down to the Pagid Group N+ kit from Scoobysport and the Ferodo/Brembo setup from TSL.

Has anyone got any opinions/experiences of either of these setups? Would it be worth fitting decent brake lines and fluid at the same time?

Cheers,

Alex
Old 09 January 2002, 01:31 PM
Blue
Scooby Regular

Smile

Alex
Definately fit the braided hoses at the same time. I have the TSL grp N discs with Ferrodo pads which work excellent on track days. I've never driven a car with AP 6pots (or similar) so can't comment on how much better they are. For approx £500, the TSL kit is a step in the right direction for those of us that can't afford the £1000+ for the big brake upgrade kits.
Old 09 January 2002, 08:20 PM
alexf
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the reply Blue - £500 is my budget for the upgrade, so the TSL option sounds pretty good VFM. Plus Nottingham is quite a bit nearer than Essex!

Anyone else got any opinions/comments?
Old 10 January 2002, 12:15 AM
WUZ
Scooby Senior

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
Alex,
Have you considered the 308mm 4-pot kit sold by Ian Godney at Godspeed? I am currently running this kit (using a 32mm wide disc = ZERO FADE) and the stopping power is suberb! The kit cost £575 with stainless steel braided hoses and uses a 4-pot caliper instead of the useless pre-MY98 2-pot. All this will of course fit under the standard 16" wheels. (another bonus!)

Check out his website : www.godspeedbrakes.co.uk

ps A lot of people have had small inconveniences in terms of his delivery dates (I am one such person) but the kit is that good that this hassle pales in comparison!

Trust me, it is worth a look if your budget is <£600 and you want the best for your money!

pps I am not associated with Godspeed in any way (as people who read my abusive letters to Ian can tell you), I just feel that at this price you should give his kits serious thought!

Russell
Old 10 January 2002, 12:20 AM
WUZ
Scooby Senior

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
Alexf,
If you feel that the cost of the Godspeed kit is still out of your budget, I am selling mine (Santa just bought me 330mm AP 6-pot kit)!

Cost new £550, done 6000 miles, pads at 75%, will sell for £350 including p&p. Interested!

Mail me if you are.

Russell
Old 10 January 2002, 06:18 PM
alexf
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the pointer on the Godspeed brakes Russell - looks like I'll be going for the TSL option as I might be tempted by the legendary brews from Trouser!
Old 11 January 2002, 02:51 PM
simon_prickett
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I've got:

Original 2 pot calipers
Goodrich braided hoses all round
Dot 5.1 fluid
Pagid pads all round
Pagid grooved discs on the front
Original discs on the rear

Much better than the original setup, I did mine in stages, did the pads and hoses and fluid in one go, then wrecked the standard front discs on airfield days, then put the Pagid discs on - not used the car in serious anger since then but road braking is pretty good.

Will add Pagid rear discs later. Also considering a brake support bracket as sold by Scoobymania and Power Engineering.

I got a local place to supply all of this except the discs, which came from Scoobysport.