Notices
Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

right, hopefully 4 wheel piccys, which ones?

Search this Thread

Old 08 January 2002, 08:28 PM
Rob Mo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks to everybody on here who replied to my previous thread, and to those I have also spoken to....Nate, it's not going to be 18's

see what you think of these, I believe them to be at least the style I like, if anybody has any experience of these etc, I would really appreciate it if you could let me know whats good, and whats ****.

(apologies for first time use of photoshop, and first time piccy posting.....here goes)

these are BBS RK monobloc, in the ballbearing high polish finish, not sure on these, but they would stand me in at £1,060.00 approx, with TOYO T1-S 215/40/17, bit of confusion here, they guy spoke to someone on the phone, who had these in stock to fit the scooby!, others say they are not made for scoobies!

sorry guys, had to photoshop another wheel to look like this, thay are a 'MASTILY Spider Crosswire', they are off the shelf in a local wheel & tyre shop, ex-display, scooby fitting, 1 rim has a real slight bit of damage, normal silver alloy finish, with Goodyear Eagle F1's - £680.00 !!!!, might be able to get that down another £30 - £50 as thay are ex-displays, fairly weighty, which I have been told by a friend in the trade, as it indicates a better quality alloy?? ( not saying these are my preference, but I could have these fitted b4 Thursdays SIDC meet!!!, musn't let that influence me!)

These beauties are from our mates Tony & Pete @ Scoobysport, the Tecnomagnesio Detroit S1, with 215/40/17 Toyo Proxes T1-S would stand me in at £975.00, not bad methinks.....

finally, these TSW 'Fly' wheels, I'm not too sure on the availability, depends who I spoke to, but these (blue centres I thought (DBM WAGON incidentally)), can't remember the cost....bugger....

the other wheel I looked at was the Team DynamicsMonza or Diablo, the cost of the Monza with F1's was £780.00, but I have been told that these are soft and maybe a little weak wheel, any opinions offered?

well, hopefully this has all worked, if not, I'll try again tommorrow...

cheers

rob

Old 08 January 2002, 08:30 PM
Rob Mo
Scooby Regular

OOOh look,

what a coincidence, my 100th Post....

:P:

rob
Old 08 January 2002, 08:33 PM
SecretAgentMan
Scooby Regular

I like the Detroits myself - but bare in mind that anything below ET48 on a 7" wide rim, with a 215 mm wide tire will give you a real headache.

The above combo will catch the protective rubber strip on the rear arches, that one is a euro scoob only thing, and is easily removed (remember to protect with something though).

17x7 ET53 is perfect for the scoob, but there are very few wheels available around that offset.

/J