Genuine STI (Brembo?) Pads

Search this Thread

Old 27 September 2007, 01:37 PM
BlueSimon
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Genuine STI (Brembo?) Pads

Hi guys,

Ive done a bit of searching on the site but cant find the info i need.

My front pads are down to the last 3K miles or so, im not wanting to get compatables or better pads as i dont want any argument for a warranty repair in the future (18 months left)

Anyone know a place to get the pads cheaper than a dealer, when i asked last time they were talking of £200! (i did ask how much titanium was in them )

Simon
Old 27 September 2007, 01:58 PM
feRRetboy
Scooby Regular

POTN Brembo High Performance Brake Pads SUBARU Impreza 2.0 WRX Sti (Versione 7) 01/02-> (07.8301.84) - Alloy Wheels, Bodykits, Tuning and Styling £102 inc vat or on fleabay on this item number for £119.00+£10 postage tem number: 4637695568 both sets are genuine Brembo, hope that helps
Old 27 September 2007, 03:04 PM
BlueSimon
Scooby Regular

Thanks,

Just what i wanted, the only question i will further burden you with is, are these exactly the same parts as subaru would supply?

Thanks again

Simon
Old 27 September 2007, 07:20 PM
stevolang
Scooby Regular

Dealer just replaced the pads all round on mine at second year service(18000 miles),he said i was getting a deal because the labour was included in the service. Still cost me £400 for the pads though! Can't wait for the warranty to run out!
Old 27 September 2007, 07:30 PM
exvaux
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stevolang
Dealer just replaced the pads all round on mine at second year service(18000 miles),he said i was getting a deal because the labour was included in the service. Still cost me £400 for the pads though! Can't wait for the warranty to run out!
try adding disks and belts to that service like i did last july
Old 27 September 2007, 07:35 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BlueSimon
Thanks,

Just what i wanted, the only question i will further burden you with is, are these exactly the same parts as subaru would supply?

Thanks again

Simon
might be able to help (or confuse lol) ,if the pads in the pic of that link are what you get then no, they aren't the same as what you get from a dealer.

i've got some subaru supplied brembo pads in front of me and they have different writing on the back and don't have the slot in the middle of the pad.

BUT, they're both made by brembo so i can't see there being any/much different (apart from price!!)

either way mate, i wouldn't worry about it affecting the warrenty. the only parts affected by any pad change would be discs and pads and even then i don't reckon you would have much luck getting new discs given their age.