can anyone help

Search this Thread

Old 16 June 2007, 08:35 AM
bimetal
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can anyone help

HI

can anyone tell me if i can fit a subaru impreza version 8 brembo callipers & discs(front&back) to a subaru impreza version 5 type R.
Old 16 June 2007, 09:02 AM
richiewong
Twatful

If they are 'V8' calipers then the discs have a PCD of 5x114.3mm so they wont match your hubs of 5x100.

Otherwise the calipers themselves are bolt on but the rears will take a bit more work and the Type R's have a bigger rear drum due to the R180 diff
Old 16 June 2007, 10:47 AM
bimetal
Scooby Newbie

hi thanks for the reply looks like i have to buy new callipers & discs HOW MUCH
Old 16 June 2007, 01:07 PM
awd wrx
Scooby Regular

if you get the discs redrilled to suit your stud pattern then the discs and calipers will fit staight on , a local engineering company could this for you and would charge anywhere between £25 and £50 to do it.

The rear discs and calipers will fit straight on also after having your discs redrilled to suit , as your car has the same size handbrake as the brembo discs
Old 16 June 2007, 01:53 PM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bimetal
HI

can anyone tell me if i can fit a subaru impreza version 8 brembo callipers & discs(front&back) to a subaru impreza version 5 type R.
I'm running them on my uk turbo

The fronts as said are a direct replacement and the rears need some modding to fit... Ace Motorsport in South Wales fitted mine try Andy on 07866736878... he is a busy man and he may take some getting hold of just so you are aware, if you don't get an answer leave a message for him and he should get back, but don't be afraid to keep trying.

Mine came off a MY06 car and I had the PCD re drilled for £50.

What wheels are you running ? you will need to make sure they will fit over as quite often peeps fit them then only find after that they need to then buy new wheels as they can't get the old ones to clear the front calipers.

<<<<<<<<< Check out my "View My Scooby"
Old 16 June 2007, 05:30 PM
bimetal
Scooby Newbie

Smile

hi
thanks for the info very helpfull. I am running oz 18" ultraleggera got these wheels so i can fit the big callipers & discs. I have been looking at the
k-sport kits for the front the price is not to bad at £900ish. once again thanks for the help