Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

help please

Search this Thread

Old 15 April 2007, 11:30 AM
YORKSMALE82
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help please

please take time to read this people as im at the end of my patience , i have a breaking problem , and i need to get it sorted quick as mot is due in 2 weeks . i posted on this before urgent , help needed
and i been back to the garage and we still havent sorted it out i noticed now that when i set off driving between about 4-15mph there is a funny clicking noise and whirring noise coming from in front of me which sounds electrical (could this be the abs registering a fault ?)

its basically in a nut shell when im braking between 4 - 15 mph my abs kicks in but im not getting a abs light on dash.

when at the garage we checked the abs sensors for muck on it and cleaned them , checked the abs rings for damage and there doesnt seem to be any cracks but theres a little chip on the top corner of one of the teeth where the edge of the ring meets the front face which im told wouldnt make any difference to the sensor reading .

what im puzzled about is that it only happenes when im in between certain mph , but it does kick in when i brake hard at speed . what i want to know is are abs sensors easy to damage and am i doing permanent damage to my abs continuing to drive my car like this any thoughts or personall experiences would be appreciated as i really want to drive my scooby when the weather is good and i also use my car as a daily drive to work and i feel like im getting nowhere fast with this problem and also worrying about money issues

i forgot to add this as happened after i had some braided hoses fitted (would this have an effect)

cheers ----Neil
Old 15 April 2007, 06:29 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

sounds like a damaged sensor - what happens if you pull the fuse for the ABS? As for the hoses, no effect, the only thing (and most likely), is the fitter hit the sensor as the hoses were being changed and that caused the problem. Is the ABS actuation "not normal" i.e. the ABS pulses irregularly? If so, almost certainly a knackered sensor
Old 15 April 2007, 06:58 PM
YORKSMALE82
Scooby Regular

which fuse is the a b s one ? , im not sure if it pulses irregular it just pulses and makes a awfull noise when im just about to stop

i think i need to pull the fuse and see for myself what happens
Old 15 April 2007, 07:20 PM
YORKSMALE82
Scooby Regular

i haver just found my abs fuse and i pulled it out , the problem stopped when i did it so im guessing it is either a sensor or a ring problem