Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

MY07 wheel goodies?

Search this Thread

Old 04 February 2007, 09:24 AM
oxide2782
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MY07 wheel goodies?

Being a big scubbie fan and having driven my Mom's 4 day old MY07 Impreza, I am looking into one aswell (a 2.0R). But we don't get any fancy stuff here (in sunny Oman). But I'd like to get opinions on the following.

- Wheels & Tyres
Something that's coming straight off the new car as soon almost as I get it. I dislike the alloys they are currently using, and I'd like to get the rims on the RB320. The closest I could find are OZ ultraleggra (12 spokes).

I want 18" rims, but I don't know what offset and size would be the best choice for a MY07 impreza. I've visited many a Impreza forum and there are conflicting reports of best/recommended sizes everywhere. Considering we got more pro's here than anywhere else I'd like to know what you guys have to say ... or perhaps from other MY07 owners who have first hand experience.

Knowing what cheap/"not right for your car" rims can do to your driving experience, please give me some advice on what will fit great without deteriorating driving quality in a few weeks from installation.

Secondly, what tyre size should I get, again based on experiences with MY07 imprezas. Will have 195/60 R15 out of the box.

edit: another thing.. what's the bolt pattern on the MY07 2.0 Impreza?

- Brake kit
Not entirely important right now, but I'd still like opinions for future considerations. Will brakes depend a lot on what kind of wheel or what size wheel I've got?

Cheers,
T

Last edited by oxide2782; 04 February 2007 at 10:36 AM.