After godspeeds...

Search this Thread

Old 19 January 2007, 10:12 AM
Rice Rocket
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default After godspeeds...

Heres the problem -

Looking to replace my front calipers and at the moment I have 335mm Godspeed discs, but when fitted I had to tap the hub to accept the new bolts and brackets.

Can you resleeve the hub back to its original size as it current size is to take a M14x2 bolt.

The reason for this is for fitting new brackets with the new brake set up or would it be better just to tap the new size into the new caliper rackets ou get with the Big Brake kit/

Any help would be great.

S!
Old 19 January 2007, 10:44 AM
awd wrx
Scooby Regular

the hole is the same size as before , you have not made it any bigger , so you can go back to standard with no problems
Old 19 January 2007, 11:01 AM
Rice Rocket
Scooby Regular

hmm, so why did I need to ttap & Die it then? or have I got it all wrong!

S!
Old 19 January 2007, 11:19 AM
PICKLE
Scooby Regular

It doesn't have a thread in the hub as standard, so you just tapped a thread into it to fit the Godspeeds. The hole is no bigger in size, so a standard bolt should still fit through when re-fitting the standard kit back on the car.
Old 19 January 2007, 11:35 AM
Rice Rocket
Scooby Regular

OK thanks for all your help.

New brakes here I come!!

S!
Old 16 March 2007, 02:36 AM
JohnMcC1878
Scooby Newbie

Stalked - was searching the forums for pretty much the same question so have brought this thread back to the top - have you done anything yet with your brakes?

I have the 335 Godspeed discs too and was wondering what my options where - I'm really after a bigger/better caliper and obviously optimum performance per ££. Failed my MOT today (03 WRX) on drivers side rear pad (piston must be sticking or something because the other side is fine) - but the guy said although fine (legally) the front discs probably would need attention sooner rather than later.

I have had no problems with the Godspeed kit at all, its just that I cant help feeling that using the OE calipers with bigger pads and discs I am losing out a bit - hence the focus on calipers etc.

Anyway, would be interested in what you have gone for - let me know.

Have been away from Scoobynet for, blimey, must be a couple of years - long forgotten my username and password! Its looks all different, I feel a bit like a newbie!!

Anyway, my WR backbox has a split in it too (MOT guy let it go ) so off to the drivetrain forum for some backbox ideas!
Old 16 March 2007, 10:17 AM
Rice Rocket
Scooby Regular

I havent done anything yet, still waiting on some prices back from my supplier and my clutch needs replaced so they;re on hold for the time being. Remapp & FMIC are 1st in line too after I've sold my left arm and right kidney to fund everything I want!!! lol

S!