Where to get brakes replaced?

Search this Thread

Old 07 November 2006, 02:04 PM
peacher
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to get brakes replaced?

Hi,

Cutting a long story short - recently bought an 05 plate WRX from a non subaru dealer just over a week ago. Got the car serviced at a subaru dealership last week who identified that the brake pads were >75% worn and needed replaced.

I got back in touch with the dealer who sold me the car as didn't think this was acceptable and they asked that I get a second opinion from Kwik Fit/ATS. This was done last night and ATS advised that pads and discs need replaced. The dealer I bought the car from have agreed to pay for them to be replaced at either ATS or the Subaru dealer.

What should I do - get them replaced at ATS or the dealer (wouldn't imagine getting brakes replaced would affect my manufacturers warranty as they are wear and tear items anyway)? Having read previous posts the standard subaru parts aren't very good and would imagine the ATS ones aren't either but ATS is closer and more convenient for my work. Obviously this would only be a temporary solution as ideally I should be replacing the stock items with uprated ones in the not too distant future anyway.

Cheers
Old 07 November 2006, 02:40 PM
jaydut
Scooby Regular

why not uprate now
Old 07 November 2006, 03:18 PM
Tazz Kill Er
Scooby Regular

Why not ask the selling dealer for a ex-gratia payment towards a upgrade or have the standard ones replaced and then sell them on one of the well known auction sites straight away.