Notices
Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 16 November 2001, 06:22 PM
Mo
Scooby Regular

Location: the fastest rentals in town......0-100mph in 10 seconds
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After changin my front pads yesterday I'd just like to say that I'm amazed.

I purchased the 16" AP kit from Scoobymania in August which came with the AP Japan pads.

I have since completed three track days, Cadwell, Donnington and Brands all on the same set of pads and they still have 4mm left on them!

I don't believe I was hanging around too much either. I don't know what my lap times were for Cadwell but Donnington was anything from 1.28 to 1.34 and brands was 1.01 to 1.05

And it aint through a lack of trying, I completed 230 miles on track at Brands last Monday!
Old 16 November 2001, 07:09 PM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

WOW,

I used to go through a set of pads a day in my Puma. At £90 per set for Ferodo DS3000's each track day was an expensive affair!

Steve
Old 16 November 2001, 07:44 PM
AndyMc
Scooby Regular

Mo

How are your rear pads lasting?.I have the same kit and AP Japan pads and while the front pads last well the rears were completely worn out after one trackday!

Old 16 November 2001, 07:54 PM
Mo
Scooby Regular

Location: the fastest rentals in town......0-100mph in 10 seconds
My rears lasted Cadwell and Donnington (just!) I fitted a new set before Brands and they look fairly low already. I'm going to check them out Monday so I'll let you know.
Old 19 November 2001, 09:34 AM
Mac's Power
Scooby Regular

I'm having big trouble with my pads on my AP 6 pot kit at track days. I wore the standard pads after 3 sessions. I then used mintex 1155's at the next day and was again out after the day.
So I went for the new Mintex 1177,s which are supposed to be very hard wearing and again it was metal to metal after an hour on track during the day.

I know I'm hard on the brakes and the track we use at Kirkistown is especially hard on the brakes with 2 long straights ending up in hairpins with speeds of up to 120mph.

Any suggestions as guess what??? there gone again. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Paul.
Old 20 November 2001, 07:54 AM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Exclamation

Macs Power

I have AP 6 pots on my MY01 (150kg heavier) - with Pagid blue RS42 pads - the Scoobysport kit.

They have survived usage on the road since around August, Donington track day on 03 Nov - VERY hard use - Brands track day on 12 Nov, and are hardly worn.....

The pads aren't cheap, around £250 a set , but the retardation is incredible on them and they do appear to last.

You gets what you pays for I guess..........