Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

02 STi Discs

Search this Thread

Old 30 May 2006, 06:25 PM
gixxerbrian
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 STi Discs

I've got an 02 STi i bought from an official dealer 3 months ago. The car has full history and been regularly serviced, with only 1 owner and 11,000 miles from new.

When i test drove the car at the dealers there was significant brake 'judder' at medium to heavy braking, very noticeable.

The dealer corrected this as part of the sale but rather than replace the discs they had them re-ground.

However, 3 months and a couple of thousand miles later and the problem seems to be returning.

Anyone got any advice? i'm a new Scooby owner so dont want to rush in and replace the discs. I do obviously have the benefit of a dealer warranty so could take it back to them, but i dont want to find the same problem in another couple of months.

any advice welcomed, thanks.
Old 30 May 2006, 06:35 PM
crusher
Scooby Regular

I'd return to dealer where you bought the car and get them to fit a new set...at their expense...
Old 30 May 2006, 09:01 PM
kev m
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by crusher
I'd return to dealer where you bought the car and get them to fit a new set...at their expense...
I have to agree with crusher, but if the dealer don't want to know try to find a Brembo dealer as i replaced mine last year and saved ££££ by getting them from a Brembo dealer rather than a Subaru Dealer. Only difference was it said Brembo on the box and not Subaru