Notices
Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Wheels for the blackbeast

Search this Thread

Old 29 October 2001, 03:09 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As mentioned in another post, I'm looking at a downpipe for the blackbeast, which, as it would mean a tad more power means I could do with uprated brakes, which in turn means I should maybe consider some new wheels, eg; 17 or 18's thus meaning bigger brake kit conversions

I have also been thinking about new wheels for a while, cos the speedlines are nice, but big wheels are always better

Now, I do have some specific requirements for wheels, why? well, they have to keep with the 'pimpmobile' status of the beast, thus I'm looking at either black or some chrome effect wheels, so, what ones are out there and what prices are they?

I remember looking at a pic of some BK Racing 238 Eclipse wheels in High power chrome and they looked kinda groovy

so, anyone know of some decent black/chrome 17 or 18 inch wheels? pics would be nice as would urls for websites.
Old 29 October 2001, 05:16 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink

Ive got Prodrive PD7's on my scoob in anthracite, they look good and the 4pot Brembos ive got go well with em
ill send you a pic so you can see what u think as im cr@p at putting pics on here

Tony
Old 29 October 2001, 11:54 PM
Deane
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi there Marcus

As you can see I am new to ScoobyNet but I have been a scooby owner for the past two years. My car is almost identical to yours. When I was considering a wheel change I was seriously thinking about the BK 121 black chrome which I think would look the absolute nuts. 18's would be nice but maybe a little troublesome as well as a lot more expensive and to replace 17" tyres is a lot cheaper. But I had the offer of a set of 22b BBS wheels which have caused me a few problems but are worth it. Good luck, post a pic when you have parted with the folding.