need some advice!!

Search this Thread

Old 17 January 2006, 08:02 PM
furrydice79
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some advice!!

ADVICE PLEASE!!

ok. so i have a MY05 sti, i have just replaced the front 2 tyres with the standard bridgestones, i just had the car in for its 10k service, the service went fine except for the screw embedded into the back trye, the tyres still have a decent tread on them so i decided to leave them on and hope that the screw stays in and the tyre stays up which it has done so far!.(TOO CLOSE TO THE SIDE TO REPAIR)

my problem now is that i need to drive from london to glasgow next week and im worried that all those miles may affect the tyre. should i get a new tyre or will i need to buy 2 tyres to keep both tread equal.

or should i risk it and just try my luck there and back with screw in the tyre..

i was wondering what some of you guys would do if you were in my situation.added to my situation is the fact that it will cost me 200 quid in fuel, have just got 1 yrs tax, paid for a 10k service, 2 new front tyres and 1100 quid insurance. money is tight this month!!lol.
Old 17 January 2006, 09:07 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

No way IMO - what are you thinking?

Every time I see a screw / nail in mine I pull it out and see what happens, 75% non puncture.

If it isn't a puncture now, the longer its in there the more chance of it becoming one.

Bite the bullet, stick it on the CC - Id hate for someone else to be effected by your tightwad stupidity.
Old 17 January 2006, 09:55 PM
Dan 2
Scooby Regular

Money is never that tight..........get new tyres or don't drive it ....
Old 17 January 2006, 10:17 PM
furrydice79
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jay m A
No way IMO - what are you thinking?

Every time I see a screw / nail in mine I pull it out and see what happens, 75% non puncture.

If it isn't a puncture now, the longer its in there the more chance of it becoming one.

Bite the bullet, stick it on the CC - Id hate for someone else to be effected by your tightwad stupidity.
Why would someone else be affected(correct spelling) by my stupidity, all I wanted was FRIENDLY advice, and I got the friendly advice from DAN...thanks . i'm going to get a couple of tyres tomorrow!
Old 17 January 2006, 10:40 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

Originally Posted by furrydice79
Why would someone else be affected(correct spelling) by my stupidity, all I wanted was FRIENDLY advice, and I got the friendly advice from DAN...thanks . i'm going to get a couple of tyres tomorrow!

Driving at motorway speeds over long distances on a slow puncture (or indeed with knowledge defective tyre) is irresponsible and fukcing stupid. To not even consider the potential implications of a high speed accident WRT others around you beggars belief.

feel free to pick the bones out out my latest grammatical effort
Old 17 January 2006, 10:47 PM
furrydice79
Scooby Regular

thats why i asked for advice before i do it.