Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

From 2 pots - Godspeed fitting guide

Search this Thread

Old 18 November 2005, 12:30 PM
4ndy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default From 2 pots - Godspeed fitting guide

OK people , my dad has received his Godspeed upgrade from Ian and there is a A4 guide included , but as ever I want to know if there is a step by step for the installation anywhere , dosent have to be on the Godspeed conversion as a 4 pot guide will do it.
Also has anyone got any points they would like to raise before I sit and scratch my nutt , covered in brake fluid ! ha ha
Old 18 November 2005, 04:50 PM
richiewong
Twatful

http://www.stefanostadal.homedns.org...structions.doc
Old 18 November 2005, 06:18 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats the instruction for the 335mm kit..... if you have the 308 kit it's completely different....
Old 20 November 2005, 11:37 AM
zynexiatech
Scooby Regular

I have the 308mm kit mate from the latest groupbuy and i'll tell you know it was one hell of a b**ch to fit, and I had tsl-motorsport to do mine. I sat and watched them do it for 5 1/2 hours worth if labour it then took them another 2 hours to complete the upgrade, this was also fitting the braided hoses on the front etc.

basically, lots of grinding to the calipers and the hubs to get the top bolt to align as they dont fit the caliper wont push up without grinding to align the top hole(tapping the holes was a pain aswell as m14x2mm is not a standard sized tap in the automotive industry but luckily i borrowed one from my dad for them to use) also my 17" speedlines wouldnt fit over the calipers which I was assured they would because of the offset machined on the bells so 5mm spacers needed. Mega issues bleeding the calipers aswell even with a vacuum bleed kit the car had to be raised nearly vertical to bleed the air out the calipers!!! this may vary from caliper to caliper as they are cast so all will be different, other issues aswell but overall the kit is smart and an improvement on my crappy 2pots, especially for the price.

I wouldnt recommend doing it on a drive in this weather anyway, bare in mind overall it took TSLmotorsport about 7 1/2 hours to fit this kit in a fully kitted workshop and for half that time they had 3 technicians working on it! not the best fitting kit in the world! and again I watched them do it so I know how bad it was to fit. trust me i dont think they will go near fitting one of these kits again!

Last edited by zynexiatech; 20 November 2005 at 11:40 AM.
Old 20 November 2005, 11:49 AM
neilswrx
Scooby Regular

yep got agree with the last post fair bit of grinding may be needed took 4 hours to get it right 16" wont fit any more good thing ive the toyo 17" fitted now
Old 20 November 2005, 12:06 PM
Matt_Davies
Scooby Regular

Agree with both the above. Have the 335 kit with standard four pots and what a bitch, 7hours and mine still are not on the car. The disc does not sit centrally between the caliper and thus i cannot get the inside pad in place (well i can but the disc does not spin freely) so i now need some washers to throw the caliper in (not even as much as 1mm) and i need to get the big file on the caliper also as the outer edge of the disc is far too close to the inside of the caliper..........ooh yeah and my 17" speedline turinis went back on and spun free but i couldnt actually see any daylight between the insde of the spokes and the caliper! so i need to use some wheel spacers incase it all expands with the heat.

But other than that they fit fine

Edited to say i wouldnt really recommend anyone try an fit this on there drive at home unless your a really competant DIY-er. I've fitted brakes before but given the trouble i've watched ABP motorsport have i wouldnt bother.

Still value for money though if you ave the patience to make it fit!

Last edited by Matt_Davies; 20 November 2005 at 12:10 PM.
Old 20 November 2005, 07:19 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, i and many other users of Ian's products have had the opposite, i can now get a 335 kitfitted in about an hour.... from start to finish, i have never had any issues with them not fitting right....

You are trying to fit them, on Scoobs aren't you???
Old 20 November 2005, 09:47 PM
awd wrx
Scooby Regular

I have fitted a few of the steel caliper kits and have had to do a bit of grinding on some of the calipers , its because the castings are a cast item not a machined finish , if the castings are slightly out of shape then they wont fit , these are the Jaguar calipers he uses, but it wouldnt take 7 hours to fit , I can fit one in a couple of hours , and as Ron says about a hour to fit a 335mm kit ,

zynexiatech - I dont know why you had problems bleedin , I've never had any problems bleeding before.they have one bleed nipple per caliper in the same place as a Subaru 4 pot ,