Notices
Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

removing front calipers NOW!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12 November 2005, 01:10 PM
p1*sub
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default removing front calipers NOW!!!!!

Hi,

I'm replacing the front discs on my P1 and have removed the 2 large retaining nuts that connect to the suspension arms but it won't come off so what other bolts do I need to remove?

After I've done that and fitted everything back together and bolted back is that it can I drive straight off or is there anything I need to do?

Cheers

Graham
Old 12 November 2005, 04:30 PM
awd wrx
Scooby Regular

you dont remove any nuts , there are 2 bolts holding the calipers in place , remove these 2 bolts , if theres a lip on the discs you will have to push the pistons back to get the calipers to slide off the discs , the discs will come off the hubs as they are only slid over the wheel studs , if they're tight give them a tap from behind from opposite side of the discs so it comes off square , clean off the hub face with emery cloth and wd40 before fitting the new discs to make sure they are running true , any rust or much in between the hub and discs will make the discs run un-true .

If you are not sure of what your doing get someone else to do them , wouldn't want to hear of you getting it wrong and bumping the car
Old 12 November 2005, 08:01 PM
p1*sub
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by awd wrx
you dont remove any nuts , there are 2 bolts holding the calipers in place , remove these 2 bolts , if theres a lip on the discs you will have to push the pistons back to get the calipers to slide off the discs ,

Exactly what Extreme Scoobies told me to do..lever the pads away from the disc with a screwdriver top and bottom and it worked a treat!

If you are not sure of what your doing get someone else to do them , wouldn't want to hear of you getting it wrong and bumping the car
Nop...all done now and works great...no more brake judder...yippee!!