Rear disc removal

Search this Thread

Old 21 October 2005, 03:58 PM
Hakon
Supporting Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear disc removal

Hi,

I cannot seem to get the rear discs off the car. I have removed the calipers, and released the handbrake but the discs will not come fully off the hub. I have tried to get screwdriver underneath and pry them off but to no avail. Is it possible to screw into the 2 smaller holes in the disc so as to push it off ? Any ideas what size bolt size I might need ?

Thanks
Hakon
Old 21 October 2005, 04:03 PM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Hakon
Hi,

I cannot seem to get the rear discs off the car. I have removed the calipers, and released the handbrake but the discs will not come fully off the hub. I have tried to get screwdriver underneath and pry them off but to no avail. Is it possible to screw into the 2 smaller holes in the disc so as to push it off ? Any ideas what size bolt size I might need ?

Thanks
Hakon
There is a rubber bung on the back side of the hub, low down, remove it and turn the little wheel. This should adjust the shoes so the discs can slide off. The discs will be snagging on lip on the inner drum of the disc. Never done it myself but will be in the week when I upgrade my rear setup.

Andy
Old 21 October 2005, 09:39 PM
Hakon
Supporting Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply Andy,

Found this too http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthrea...r+disc+removal

Didn't help me from damaging the handbrake mechanism ! The first one came off fine but the second disc caught and broke the shoe retaining pins !! The car rolled forward and the jack slipped ... even in gear ! It's been one kunt of a day...

Hakon

Last edited by Hakon; 23 October 2005 at 12:21 PM.