Wheel balancing problem

Search this Thread

Old 20 October 2005, 03:14 PM
Yass
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel balancing problem

Hey guys,

I recently had 4 new Eagle F1s fitted and ever since then I've had vibration through the steering wheel and sometimes the brake pedal. It only happens around 70mph - any slower or faster and it's OK. It was perfect before the new tyres so am I safe to assume that it must be the balancing?

They were balanced twice at one garage who couldn't get it right. After their second attempt they claimed that my alloys must be warped or damaged. I then took it to a Subaru dealer who balanced them again and made it better but not perfect.

I'm working in Newbury at the moment, so I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good local garage to get it done again.

Thanks,

Yass
Old 21 October 2005, 09:21 AM
BrynO
Scooby Regular

I have had real problems getting my Prodrive wheels with F1's balanced correctly, after 4 attempts found a place which had a 'Hunter GSP 9700' machine, basically this can balance the wheels on several different areas of the rim so it can be way more accurate than usual, also measures any imperfections in the tyres which may be causing a problem, it's way more advanced than the equipment used by a 'fast fit' type of operator. Call the suppliers of the machine Pro Align on 01604 588880 and they'll tell you if anyone in your area has a machine.. its not cheap mind, £60 to balance my 4, but worth it IMO..
Old 21 October 2005, 09:52 AM
Yass
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by BrynO
I have had real problems getting my Prodrive wheels with F1's balanced correctly, after 4 attempts found a place which had a 'Hunter GSP 9700' machine, basically this can balance the wheels on several different areas of the rim so it can be way more accurate than usual, also measures any imperfections in the tyres which may be causing a problem, it's way more advanced than the equipment used by a 'fast fit' type of operator. Call the suppliers of the machine Pro Align on 01604 588880 and they'll tell you if anyone in your area has a machine.. its not cheap mind, £60 to balance my 4, but worth it IMO..
Thanks for the tip. I'll give them a call.

Cheers,

Yass