Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Godspeed's Subaru Impreza 335mm Kit

Search this Thread

Old 06 March 2005, 12:38 PM
Granby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Godspeed's Subaru Impreza 335mm Kit

Before anyone says yes i have done a search on these kits and i know there are a couple of threads about Godspeed products at the moment, what i want to know is comments from people who have been using this kit (using standard 4 pot caliper) for a while, ie are they better than the standard brakes - are they any good for trackdays - have you had any problems with them or not - did Ian sort any problems or did you find a better cure for the problems etc etc

Thanks in advance
Granby
Old 06 March 2005, 05:14 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had the kit fitted for about 15k miles, I have used them on track to great effect, the only thing that I personally would advice for track use is to use a standard SHAPE, subaru pad, the larger XJS shape pads tend to wear in a slight wedge shape with extreme use, which is to be expected with the pistons not pushing square on the pad....
Other than that, no issues what-so-ever, I tend to use cheap pads on the road, cos the price of the mintex/ferodo options was a bit much for me, whichever pads you decide on, get the same for the rears.....

I fitted the kit myself, and have since fitted two kits for others, all of them have been very straight forward to fit, with no issues....

Excellent value for money..... and thats what you need to remember, you're not paying top whack.......
Old 06 March 2005, 06:28 PM
SamUK
Scooby Senior

I am using GOD Speed 4Pot Brembo's on 335mm Discs....

Not happy with the Pads supplied (Ferodo DS2000) Have to push really hard on the brake for the car to stop......though looking to change soon..

Other then that great service and overall happy with the product..
Old 06 March 2005, 07:25 PM
simb 2
Scooby Regular

Location: South Wales - Stuck on this rollercoaster, get me off!!

I have this kit fitted to mine, Been on there for a couple months and must say The difference over standard is huge. Ian fitted the kit for me and did a great job. He actually took more care with my car and wheels than me.

Will be going back to him next couple weeks to get the rears sorted

simb
Old 07 March 2005, 03:06 PM
DaveL001
Scooby Regular

can someone explain, bout thye different pads, i see jguar pads mentioned wats all that about?, i though as ur using the original four pot caliper, th pads would still be the same?
how much did u pay for your kits, as im toying with the idea for em for my P1.
not sure whether to splash out on these, or just get some upgraded standard size ones?
Old 07 March 2005, 03:30 PM
Welloilbeefhooked
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DaveL001
can someone explain, bout thye different pads, i see jguar pads mentioned wats all that about?, i though as ur using the original four pot caliper, th pads would still be the same?
how much did u pay for your kits, as im toying with the idea for em for my P1.
not sure whether to splash out on these, or just get some upgraded standard size ones?
The swept area of the disc for the Godspeed kit is larger/wider than standard, so to make best use of it they supply a pad that is wider than standard. Its from a Jag XJS I think. But as RON has said there is a minor wear difference. On the road its not an issue at all.

Mine were fitted over a year ago and are superb. Braking is just amazing compared to the standard stuff.
Old 07 March 2005, 04:00 PM
masterwah
Scooby Newbie

would using the brembo4pot with godspeed 335 disk kit be better than using the oe 4pots. from photos it seems that the brembo is an alloy caliper but still quite small,not sure of the surface area compared 2 oe. also r they sealed like oe ones

will
Old 07 March 2005, 04:16 PM
willy
Scooby Regular

The Brembo calipers supplied by Godspeed are a racing caliper and are actually better than the "budget STi street calipers which are a fair bit bigger.

Just thought it may help.

By the way, they are very good.

Old 07 March 2005, 04:24 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

The only ral world benefit i can see is maybe the weight, 'if' it's an alloy caliper, but mainly the pad having even pressure from the pistons......
I would stick with the oe caliper... that way you have a wider choice of pads, from real cheap £20 autofactor jobbies.... to the mintex/ferodo options......

another benefit i guess would be that you could sell the oe calipers... recpouping some of the expense.....

I'd still stick with the OE ones though......
Old 07 March 2005, 11:04 PM
Granby
Scooby Regular

Thanks everyone , looks like i'm gonna go for this kit
Old 08 March 2005, 12:01 AM
masterwah
Scooby Newbie

how much can i sell a pair brand new oe 4pots in red for?still in box with serial nums

will