Notices
Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Puncture = Kuhmos :)

Search this Thread

Old 25 January 2005, 06:21 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Puncture = Kuhmos :)

Came out of work today nice and early to be confronted by a flat tyre - woohoo
Anyhoo I donned my yellow space saver (unused and VERY embarrasing ) from the boot of my MY99 and headed to my local and well trusted tyre place.
Seeing as Im changing my car in 3 months I declined my favoured F1's which sit pretty on the front and went for the Kuhmo 205/50ZR16 Ecsta.
I've done a search and see a few here have had them fitted recently - but how are they finding them???I dont drive hard and do over 25k a year etc...

I had a pair of Gislaveds (sp) - put on by previous owner - on the back for 40k and they would have been legal and they gripped well - but the punctured one was damaged beyond repair...

Any comments chaps?
Thanks
P
Old 27 January 2005, 06:10 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

Hi Abdabz - Ive had the Kumhos for a couple of days now and find them quite acceptable. Bet your puncture was in your back left tyre too wasnt it? Ah well - dont worry about the tyres mate they'll be fine for the type of driving you do...
P
Old 27 January 2005, 06:11 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the reply Abdabz - glad to see you approve of the tyres
And yes it was the rear left - how did you guess
P
Old 27 January 2005, 06:27 PM
Scoobyslammed
Scooby Regular

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts
Wink

Gislaveds are made by continental... there pattern it identical too, just cheaper... also have a lifetime guarrentee with them...
My brother and sister have them fitted on there cars, and have found them extremley good value for money... very grippy too...
Old 27 January 2005, 06:56 PM
planky
Scooby Regular

I've had my kumho's for, wait for it................................................ 1 day and so far reasonably happy.

Bought them to replace my old noisy dunlops.Was hoping them to be quieter, but they still drone on certain road surfaces,i guess i'll just have to live with it.