Notices
Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Alternative Break Discs than main dealers For UK 03 STI ?

Search this Thread

Old 02 December 2004, 02:03 PM
vash
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Alternative Break Discs than main dealers For UK 03 STI ?

Hi

My Sti finally needs a new set of front disks after 20k miles, which I guess isn't to bad.

Spoke to my main dealer and was quoted £441 + Vat and that would be with him cutting his own throat cheap :P sigh!

Spoke to Halfords and they can supply for about £150 .
Now I don't really want to get halfords bits for my Scooby but there must be other break discs out there as good ( maybe better ) than the official Subaru supplied ones.

But I really don't know which and where to look and would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance

Mat
Old 02 December 2004, 02:25 PM
awd wrx
Scooby Regular

In the group buy at the moment you can have Godspeed discs for your car grooved , drilled or both for £200 a pair plus £10 delivery

Last edited by awd wrx; 02 December 2004 at 02:43 PM.
Old 02 December 2004, 02:33 PM
JohnS

Originally Posted by vash
Hi

My Sti finally needs a new set of front disks after 20k miles, which I guess isn't to bad.

Spoke to my main dealer and was quoted £441 + Vat and that would be with him cutting his own throat cheap :P sigh!

Spoke to Halfords and they can supply for about £150 .
Now I don't really want to get halfords bits for my Scooby but there must be other break discs out there as good ( maybe better ) than the official Subaru supplied ones.

But I really don't know which and where to look and would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance

Mat
I've just replaced mine with some DBA discs. They are supposed to be better quality than the OEM Brembo ones (which do seem to wear quickly). I went for the plain ones which keeps the OEM look, though you can get drilled, grooved or drilled and grooved ones for a little bit more money. They supposedly are made from a higher quality steel, and have better cooling.

No problems at all with them so far

I paid about £200 for the pair (with SIDC discount) from Wallace Performance in Aberdeen (01224 708444 - Speak to Gavin and tell him John sent you and you might get some discount ) They have them in stock at the moment, so can ship to you within a day or two.

John
Old 03 December 2004, 09:39 AM
vash
Scooby Regular

Thank you very much!!

Both of you