Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Getting the best out of P Zero's

Search this Thread

Old 05 October 2004, 02:33 PM
Tazz Kill Er
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Getting the best out of P Zero's

Help, fitted 4 P Zero Assimetrico's to my MY98 Scooby and they don't want to grip to anything Wet or Dry, changing tyre pressure's don't seem to help and the wear rate is phenominal. Car doesn't pull left or right, just a standard scooby with magnex back box, drilled discs with pagid fast road pads, I do like to drive fast but not all the time. The tyres i had before were fitted by the dealer when I bought the car and they were Regal's (South African Dunlops) they gripped ok and gave just the right amount of feedback before letting go in the wet or Dryeven better than Bridgestones, And they covered 47K miles.
Old 05 October 2004, 02:44 PM
Fat Boy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

P zeros are hopeless in the wet, but not too bad in the dry at 35 F 33R. Only other thing is check your geometry. I use scrubbed P zeros on track days - not fast but a lot of sideways fun particularly if it's wet.
Old 05 October 2004, 03:15 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Hi Taz
I have not heard many good things written about P Zeros on Scoobs. Toyo Proxy T1S or R and Goodyear GS D2/3s seem to work well. I had GS D2's on my MY99 and they where just brilliant in the wet and dry. I Had Toyos on my Honda and they where damn good as well.

This probably doesn't help much with your problem other than you might want to consder a swap to another brand or model tyre next time.

Paul