Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

wheel spacers

Search this Thread

Old 06 September 2004, 04:14 PM
subaru.utd
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wheel spacers

has anyone uesd these. demon tweeks have sets that widen your track by 50mm 25mm and another smaller size!! i am enquiring about this as the 02 sti has a wider track and looks more planted .i have a wrx 02 with 18s ,prodrive oz ones and they look as if they dont fill the arch as well as the sti. would a spacer kit of what ever size mess up the handling etc.cheers
Old 06 September 2004, 06:33 PM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

Best answer I can give is to do a search.

Short answer: Wheel spacers aren't well thought of.

Better option would be to fit wheels with less offset and/or wider wheels. Be sure of what you're buying to avoid rubbing and not fitting etc.

J.
Old 08 September 2004, 01:07 PM
ukdave
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by subaru.utd
has anyone uesd these. demon tweeks have sets that widen your track by 50mm 25mm and another smaller size!! i am enquiring about this as the 02 sti has a wider track and looks more planted .i have a wrx 02 with 18s ,prodrive oz ones and they look as if they dont fill the arch as well as the sti. would a spacer kit of what ever size mess up the handling etc.cheers
would keep away from spacers mate but if u definately want them then the ones at about 30 quid a pair should be ok coz theyre car specific but ur probably gonna need longer studs then,i had some universal spacers years ago and they were crap had all sorts of balancing issues and didnt handle aswell, my money would be on new wheels.