Notices
Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Fcuked off with this brake kit!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04 August 2004, 07:14 PM
Yuck Fou Motorsport
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fcuked off with this brake kit!!!

I have a 304mm Scoobysport Brembo brake upgrade fitted to my 1999 STi, It took ages to source a set of pads for the bloody things, and about 3 weeks and £280 to get a set of disc's made only to find the ******* dont fit my 8 hole'd bell housings, now I need a set of Bell's made to fit the 12 holes on the new disc's, Godspeed made the disks, its £200 more for new bells but need to know the off set of the old ones, I cant take one off to send to Ian as I use the car every day ARRRRRRRRRG!.

I wont even bother contacting ScoobySport as the last time i did (about a year ago) they couldn't be bothered to help!

What can I do know, I'm fecked off with the whole thing now, it would have been cheaper to get hold of a factory set up and replace the scoobysport kit!
Old 04 August 2004, 07:34 PM
Claudius
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One important criterion for caliper choice is the number of available pads and compounds for your application. Not that that helps now

Why dont you try the supplier anyway? Worst they can do is tell you no, I guess.

Sorry to hear.
Old 04 August 2004, 09:25 PM
TTZZ
Scooby Regular

Default SS brembo's

Originally Posted by Yuck Fou Motorsport
I have a 304mm Scoobysport Brembo brake upgrade fitted to my 1999 STi, It took ages to source a set of pads for the bloody things,
The best pad for this setup is Pagid rs4-2 (E1408 shape), Mintex M1166 (MDB1968 shape) or Ferodo DS2500 (FCP1348 shape) for the brembo calipers. And of course there are some more compounds available within these shapes

and about 3 weeks and £280 to get a set of disc's made only to find the ******* dont fit my 8 hole'd bell housings, now I need a set of Bell's made to fit the 12 holes on the new disc's, Godspeed made the disks, its £200 more for new bells but need to know the off set of the old ones, I cant take one off to send to Ian as I use the car every day ARRRRRRRRRG!.
According to my info, the godspeed brembo kit is using the same calipers.
http://www.godspeedbrakes.fsnet.co.u...red_brembo.htm
so you can buy the the disk/bell combination and the stud to mount the caliper to the car, then the offset will be correct.

I wont even bother contacting ScoobySport as the last time i did (about a year ago) they couldn't be bothered to help!
They have a new owner now, maybe they have improved.

What can I do know, I'm fecked off with the whole thing now, it would have been cheaper to get hold of a factory set up and replace the scoobysport kit!
That's what I did!
http://home.planet.nl/~annev040
Regards Jan-egbert
Old 04 August 2004, 11:12 PM
stockcar
Scooby Regular

Received 379 Likes on 301 Posts

**Commercial Content Removed**

Please contact webmaster@scoobynet.co.uk for details of advertising opportunities on ScoobyNet

Would you also please refrain from putting your company signature on every reply. This is not permitted either.

Thank you

REDKOP
YHM..........................................

Last edited by stockcar; 06 August 2004 at 09:32 PM.
Old 05 August 2004, 10:32 PM
RRH
Scooby Regular

I'd maybe try dropping SdB an email at the new Scoobysport, I had some probs with and exhaust supplied by the former incarnation, and he was incredibly helpful. May it could work for you too
Old 06 August 2004, 11:23 AM
Gidney&Knowlesy
Scooby Regular

Scooby Sport (2) is not related to Scooby Sport (1); SdB may not know that they used a Lotus disc & Mercedes calipers & that they had to file down the pads to fit.

It may well be worth sourcing new discs & calipers from an alternative source.
Old 06 August 2004, 12:44 PM
Claudius
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by XtremeScoobies
Scooby Sport (2) is not related to Scooby Sport (1); SdB may not know that they used a Lotus disc & Mercedes calipers & that they had to file down the pads to fit.

It may well be worth sourcing new discs & calipers from an alternative source.
No ****!
Old 06 August 2004, 07:09 PM
TTZZ
Scooby Regular

Default the correct combination

How about Lotus caliper and Mercedes disc? In this combination the pads wil fit.
After this, the disc was changed for a smaller "semi floating" brembo disc, in this combination you have had to file the pads to fit in the caliper.
And after the brembo disc, they changed it to APracing disc's.

And think the best way to solve this problem is the Godspeed brake solution.
Regards, Jan-egbert

Who is XtremeScoobies? In someway related to scoobysport1?