Search this Thread

Old 21 July 2004, 10:18 AM
King Eric
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Best pad and disk setup for my MY01 WRX UK300

Hi

New to this ball game, having just bought a UK300

Need to know what pad and disk setup on 4 pots is advised over and above the standard subaru ones because frankly they are pants...

I want no noise (seen loads of threads about noisey brakes) and something that will not fade when pressing along

Thankyou!

Eric
Old 21 July 2004, 10:53 AM
NickAdams
Scooby Regular

Depends what you wanna spend really??
Don't touch drilled disks at all as they have a tendency to crack (Have had DBA golds drilled/grooved on my 01WRX and they cracked within about 3 months of ownership)
I now have Prodrive/Alcon 330mm disks and calipers on mine and they are fantastic.Loads of feel in the pedal plus the stopping power is amazing. Downside is they cost £1527 from Subaru although I didn't pay that for mine!!
You may want to look at Pagid disks and pads as I've heard good things of them on here.Expect to pay about £300 ish for disks and pads.Ferodo DS2500 pads are a good choice too (Have them on mine)
For the ultimate stopping power,then AP's are perhaps the best choice or take a look at www.godspeedbrakes.co.uk who sell 330mm disks that mate up to the standard four pot calipers at a more reasonable price!!
Alyn at www.ASPerformance.com is worth speaking to as he offers excellent customer service and does free delivery for Scoobynetters

Good luck

Nick
Old 21 July 2004, 11:23 AM
King Eric
Scooby Regular

Nick, thankyou for your reply.

To be honest I dont want to start whacking big old brembos on as I wont be doing track days or driving it "that hard" so I think the ds2000 and ferodo you suggested is just the ticket

Ta
Eric