Notices
Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Yokohama Advan 680!!!?????!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 29 April 2001, 07:08 AM
MAFFA
Scooby Regular

Location: Down South to Ooop North to Back Down South again!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Okay guys I majorly need your help!!!!!

I've just spent £400.00 on an exhaust system and induction kit but noticed that my tyres are now close to shredded (very bad tracking !!!!!!). I don't want to get f**ked by the old bill and so need some cheap tyres for a month until I can afford some SO2's next month.

I've noticed that on another post a guy is selling Yokohama Advan 680's for £239.50 inc. p&p. Would these do as i've no idea of alternative tyres to the SO2's.

Alternatively could I get some part worn or budget tyres and just drive slowly for a month (I know what a bitch!!!).

Help urgently needed as i'm pretty much running on slicks.

Maffa
Old 29 April 2001, 08:45 AM
Ken E
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maffa

I have ordered a set of the Yokohamas, expect them to arrive tomorrow or Tuesday. The guy selling them said he has them on his car and they seem alright. He is keeping 3 sets of them for himself so they can't be that bad ! Apparently they are a reasonably soft compound and provide good grip in the wet. If you have standard 16" wheels then they will do the job. They're going on my car to replace the potenzas in a couple of weeks anyway.

Seems a bit of a waste getting tyres now to last a month then getting some more. If you really want SO2s then go for some debt and pay it off next month.