leroy
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rotora F+R or MOV'IT F

Who can help me to make a choice:

I want a brake upgrade and have two options:

1)
Front: MOV'IT Big Brake kit (4 pots)
Rear: FORMEL disc with Ferodo DS2500 (with original brake unit)

2)
Front: Rotora Big Brake kit (4 pots)
Rear: Rotora Brake kit (2 pots)
Old 14 April 2004, 12:12 PM
StopTech
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are taking your car out to the the track and need to achieve the best performance, you may want to consider StopTech. If I were you, I would call Mark at Abbey Motorsport, who is just south of London. 01883 732331 He has tested a lot of different brake systems so is in a good position to fully appreciate what we offer.

We are on cars winning professional races in the States, but offer very competitive pricing more in line with the street performance and track day customer. OUr mission is to offer the highest quality and best performance at competitive prices. We recently got our first TÜV certification and were described as being at the forefront of technology in the big brake kit space.

One of the vendors you mentioned, I might steer you well clear of. Just this weekend I was talking to a reseller who had direct experience with one of these kits. I think he said that the pad broke apart and the backing plate and rotor seized or something to that effect. I wish I could say this was the first and only time I've heard about quality issues with this vendor. Maybe these kits are fine on the street. I don't know. But if you want the contact details of this reseller, let me know. It's better if you hear the story directly from him and make up your own mind.

If on the other hand performance is less of a consideration, then some of our technical advantages may not be as interesting for you... and that's okay to!

Good luck.

www.stoptech.com