Notices
Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Has anyone............................................ ............................

Search this Thread

Old 13 November 2000, 11:01 PM
Bryn
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

..............got wheels by team dynamics? The sort of O.Z. multi-spoke copy? I'm curious about the offset being correct etc. Got chance of some that look OK, but haven't heard/seen much about them. Any comments???
Old 14 November 2000, 10:10 AM
MARK L
Scooby Regular

Talking

Team dynamics wheels tend to have a offset in the low 40,s and you want a wheel in the late 40,s or 50 a would fit a 7/17 et50 wheel for scoobs .Also they tend to scab on paint as well
cheers mark (alloytech wheels)
Old 14 November 2000, 10:14 AM
RaymondH
Scooby Regular

Bryn,

If my ageing memory serves me correctly ABP Motorsport had a red turbo with gold Team Dynamics multispokes similar to the OZ Super T's and it was featured in a magazine article a while back. Sorry I don't have their number. Also, Wheelbase in the midlands somewhere have a wheel and tyre package (no number again) which I think was a 45 offset in one style only of Team Dynamics wheel but I'm not sure which, the other TD wheels being a 40 offset. As I said, I'm relying on memory here but I came across all this when I was trying to decide what wheels to get myself. If the wheels you have been offered have a 45 offset they should be OK but I wouldn't go for any less than that. Hope this helps.

Raymond.
Old 14 November 2000, 05:22 PM
Bryn
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the replies guys. I mentioned the offset to the dealer and he says that once the wheels are ordered, they are machined down to whatever offset is recommended for the vehicle. Does this sound feasible???