Just fitted P1 wheels & S-02's

Search this Thread

Old 20 June 2000, 09:42 PM
Swiss Steve
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Oh, Joy !
Just got my new "P1" wheels today with S-02 PP's, fitted to otherwise std. car (blue MY99), (except for PRODRIVE quickshift)...
and they look the absolute dogs' dangly bits.

The original gold wheels on the special edition Rally Blue Swiss "WRX" (UK = Sonic blue ?) looked great at first... but after 10 months I think the bright blue and the (even brighter) gold don't go well together... it's too much. Silver is too 'common'. (at risk of upsetting all silver wheel owners). IMHO.
Seeing the P1 showed me that. The Titanium grey of the wheels really balances well with the bright metallic blue and just looks a lot more balanced and.. 'mature'.. (sorry, but I'm 42 this year !)
Hats off to PRODRIVE & Peter Stevens.

First reaction on the wheel / tyre combo is improved steering responce (as expected) but driving home on the motorway, the back end fealt a bit disconnected from the front but this is probably due to wrong tyre pressure. Measured it when i got home - 37 psi !!

Talked to ScoobyMike who also fitted exact same combo today - he runs at 34 psi on his lowered / modified car... so I have to try lower pressures.
(I was running 36 psi on the 16" + std tyres - but everyone seems to reckon 34 psi is about right for 17").

They also seem QUIETER than the std tyres. I even found myself doing 160 kmph (100 mph) on the autobahn on the way home without even noticing - it fealt more like 140 kmph... just because of the lower noise level. (Could therefore also hear the engine noises better).

For some reason the SUBARU dealer did me a good deal with tyres almost at trade... 900 SFr per corner (div by 2.7 for pounds).
Not cheap, by UK stds., but everyone in Switzerland is supposed to be a rich bast**d !!

Next stop TAROX disks & Bilstein / Eibach's...

Steve
happy as a pig in sh*t.

(Ha-Ha - I've got a quickshift, and ScoobyMike doesn't... ner ner, ne' ner ner)
Old 21 June 2000, 06:36 PM
scoobymike
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Yo Steve

I just tell why I don't have a quickshift. With my torque of about 380NM (ca285lbs) I don't have to shift that much as you need to keep up with me.
Still eagerly awaiting my Eibach springs. Then I gonna pop down to your place to give you a test drive as promised.
Again I have to mention how emminent the correct offset is especially for a Scooby. Now after changing from 41 ET to the Prodrive wheels with 52 ET I can only say: Get rid of wheels with other offset!!
Unfortunately my car was set up with the other wheels so now my tracking is way from good. Gonna sort that out next with after fitting the Eibachs.
Please keep your OEM gearlever, maybe we find a way to modify it so I also get a quickshift for getting away from you even quicker!!!!!!!!!
Gonna send you the promised stuff tonight offline

See ya
Mike