Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

New Pads!!

Search this Thread

Old 12 February 2000, 10:01 PM
MarkF
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Wow!! Fitted mintex M1155's all round to my 93 WRX. What a difference to the 1144's. Like chalk and cheese (theres a radio game there isn't there?). I took my time and bedded them in properly and the bite on them is just fantastic! The only thing is that yes, like most mintex pads, they've started to squeal at low speeds. Haven't decided if this is cool or not, time will tell. If anyone with standard brakes wants to make a relatively cheap upgrade do this now!!
ps Does anyone think that £130 for front and rear pads is cheap? I got them from Larkspeed, Leeds
Old 13 February 2000, 01:00 AM
Tim W
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Like Mark I've fitted Mintex 1155's to my UK MY98, however I came from standard pads. The difference is incredible, especially now Scoobysport have fitted braided lines, and replaced my brake fluid with Silkolene Pro Race. Peddle pressure is now consistantly firm, and as yet I've seen no fade, and I've been trying!

I agree with Mark, they do squeel a bit though, which can get a bit wearing, particularly bad when cold. I'm going to try some Copper Slip on the anti squeel shims at some point.

Also going to investigate extra cooling for the front discs, as while the car was up in the air with it's wheels off getting the line done, I noticed that there are small hairline cracks forming on the disc surface (well they did get some nice blue rings from the Mintex bedding in proceedure ) Looks like Pete will be selling another set of group N discs in the not to distant future...

Laters,

Tim