Notices
Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Which Scooby/Evo???

Search this Thread

Old 03 February 2000, 04:38 PM
DazW
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm Looking to replace my current car ('95 celica GT4) with one of the following:
RB5, STI 5, STI 5 Type R or Mitsibishi EVO 5 bearing in mind that I will also be modifying one of the above, which would be the better buy?
Old 03 February 2000, 05:04 PM
Ryan
Scooby Regular

Wink

The Non-Prodrived RB5 would probably be your best starting point.

Did I mention mines for sale
Old 03 February 2000, 09:58 PM
pat
Scooby Regular

Daz,

It all depends on how far you want to go with the mods. If you're a turbo nutter £^%$"!^ [like I've been accused of in the past :-)] you'de be better off with a slightly older car IMHO (STi II or III with a close deck block) since they have very strong engines which you can have some serious fun with before you get into the realms of head and bottom end work [megabucks].

Of course if you're more into chassis dynamics then you'de be fine with the later cars :-) Fitting Leda suspension and Brembo / AP brakes will make the car awesome; you'll be able to carry such speed through the corners, even a massively powerful STi without the suspension / brakes won't be able to keep up. Do both engine & chassis and you've got probably the fastest point to point vehicle money can buy.

Type Rs are much more rigid than the 4 door cars... interesting effect on handling, and of course you get centre diff control but lose the ABS (can't have both). IIRC, they may have a slightly quicker rack, but not as fast as the 22B :-)

Cheers,

Pat.
Old 04 February 2000, 03:28 PM
DazW
Scooby Regular

Red face

Sorry....this thread is in the wrong place!.....oops!