Notices
Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

MY03 STi 18" Question

Search this Thread

Old 30 July 2003, 08:27 AM
Ex_Pug
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Could anyone that knows tell me what I should be looking for in terms of wheels size, PCD and offset for an 18" alloy on my car. I'd also appreciate help with the correct tyre size. I've noticed that on some peoples' cars, the larger wheels tend to be fitted with tyres that aren't able to protect the alloy with the tyre wall. The tyres that came on the STi as standard with the wheels, are actually very good at this, and it's a feature I'd rather like to hang on to.

Many thanks.
Old 31 July 2003, 02:15 PM
Dave-Battle
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As far as I'm aware there are only a few 18" wheels available currently that fit the STi8: Prodrive FF7's, which I've got, OZ 10-spokes and Sao Paulo's (from Scoobysport). Did see some tasty wheels on a Swiss Digit Power STi but haven't been able to locate them in the UK. Other than that you can go to a 19" OZ Superleggera.

The PFF7's are in no way protected by the tyre sidewall - you generally have to treat anything 2" above the road surface as a potential hazzard. They look utterly fabulous though.

Dave
Old 31 July 2003, 03:21 PM
Blue_Boy
Scooby Regular

and Speedline Turini's / Technomagnesium Detroit's / Prodrive's

225/40/18's Toyo's. Didn't go for 225/35's for the sidewall reason, but the 40's seem to look like they will do the job.

Wheelbase in Oldham are the cheapest around for these and the Prodrive 18's, they make next to nothing on them as far as I know.
Old 01 August 2003, 11:19 AM
Ex_Pug
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks very much indeed. I've now ordered a set of silver Speedline Turini 18"'s from Wheelbase. He was very friendly and helpfull on the phone, as well as giving me what seems to be a reasonable price including Toyos.
Old 01 August 2003, 11:39 AM
Blue_Boy
Scooby Regular

Good stuff - you won't be disappointed mate! I'm waiting for mycar with anticipation so I can get mine on.
Old 02 August 2003, 02:45 PM
BigDude
Scooby Regular

The 18" Digit Power wheels you saw are most likely ATS wheels from Germany. I have had my car tuned there and have been drooling over those wheels ever since. Try this web site: www.ats-wheels.com/index_gb.html
Old 04 August 2003, 02:49 PM
Dave-Battle
Scooby Regular

Hi Bigdude,

Yes, the DTM Competition wheels look like the ones. Very smart.