Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Brembo calipers - Part no's for Subaru fitment

Search this Thread

Old 02 October 2002, 01:55 PM
caz1562
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Does anyone have codes to relate to Brembo calipers. Need to know what part no's these are cause I've been offered calipers but need to match them up with disks, pads & mounting brackets.

Would also like to hear from anyone with Brembo's fitted for some feedback too. Thanks
Old 02 October 2002, 06:13 PM
Pete Croney
Scooby Regular

If these are just two non specific Brembo callipers, there is a bit more to a brake kit than just bolting them on.

The discs will need to be matched to the the specific offset created by the calliper and the bracket. The bell diameter will be specific to the inner edge of the pad, as held by the discs and brackets and the discs will also need to match the calliper for disc thickness, diameter and swept area.

I'm not saying it can't be done, but its a fairly precise engineering project with some expensive machining to make the brackets, bells and discs fit the callipers.

You will also need to check how the piston size compares with your current set up, so as not to either create a very long pedal to flood them and so as to not exert too little pad pressure from a master cylinder mis-match.

Only buy the callipers if you are confident of your engineering skills and know the additional expense of creating the full set up. After all, it is a fairly important part of the car.

If they are the STi7 Brembo callipers, they will fit any Subaru hub and you can get the OE discs from a dealer. No extra parts are required, but you will almost certainly have to change your wheels to use the STi callipers.
Old 03 October 2002, 01:21 AM
caz1562
Scooby Regular

Cool

Thanks for the reply Pete, just wanted to see if a few £100 pounds could have been saved. Can get brand new calipers from a Seat Cupra for under £200, just wanted to see if this was a valid route to take. I need to satisfy my brakes big time as they are the normal 2 pot junk on EBC disks and green stuff pads that are very iffy. Track day approaching too at Knockhill and want things that will last not crack,melt or explode. Only thing I can see melting is VISA card so was open to a cheaper alternative.