Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Kosei Snipers ET45 offset ?

Search this Thread

Old 16 September 2002, 12:33 PM
AudiMan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Managed to find one thread with these wheels, however the thread was quite short and not much info.
Has anybody fitted a set (17") of these to a MY00 (or vehicle with the std 4 pots) and if so and issues I should know about (will they clear the brakes)? and anyone got any pictures ?
Old 17 September 2002, 09:07 PM
RaymondH
Scooby Regular

I have them on a MY98 and they should clear your brakes fine - I have the 330mm Alcons with Prodrive calipers and there's bags of room. I don't have any means of posting pictures but they look very good (in my biased opinion ) and are not unlike Superleggeras, I suppose, but still look different enough to stand out fom the crowd in a subtle way
Old 18 September 2002, 09:41 AM
AudiMan
Scooby Regular

Smile

Thanks for the reply, the info is very useful, can you remember how much you payed for them (if you don't mind me asking) and from which supplier as I'm having trouble finding anyone to even quote me.
Also what are they like quality wise ? good finish ? inside as well as out ?
Any more info is much appreciated.

Ian
Old 18 September 2002, 07:35 PM
RaymondH
Scooby Regular

Ian,

I got them from Elite at Rainham in Essex in April 2000 and they were £412 the set including VAT and another £23 for a set of McGard locking nuts (highly recommended). Elite are on 01708 525577 or www.elitedirect.com I've just had another thought and that's that the wheels come with bolt in chrome valves and you can't fit standard rubber valves because the holes in the wheels are too small. Make sure that you get these valves bolted in properly because I was afraid to overtighten them and ended up with a slow leak in one which meant having to get the tyre back off to tighten the valve up. Also, when I discoverd this, I bought a couple of spare valves from Elite just in case because they aren't readily available at tyre depots. The finish is fine but nothing special - I rubbed through mine in places trying to remove brake dust build up caused by the infamous DS3000 pads supplied with the Prodrive brakes and will have them refurbished when I next need tyres. There's no problem with brake dust now and it wasn't the wheels at fault - maybe you're not supposed to attack them with a scouring pad I did think about getting new wheels because of that but I like the Snipers and I'm sticking with them. Hope this helps.
Old 19 September 2002, 12:35 PM
AudiMan
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

RaymondH
Thanks that info is really useful, I know of Elite and they are not a million miles away from Hampshire so I may well visit and purchase, the info on the valves too - v'helpful.
Snipers it'll be then..
Thanks again.

Ian