Notices
Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

OZ Prodrive wheels

Search this Thread

Old 28 June 2002, 08:35 AM
Ragos Elias
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bugged from the written and from the beauty I bought them.
With 225-35-18 Bridgestone S-03 and tried to swap them yesterday on my 98MY GT.
What a desapointment!! Rear wheels are very close to the outside of the body and no rear passenger can be on board.

Have seen a lot of scoobs with them (old shape and new shape)did not thought that I could have this problem.

My suspension is the WR Prodrive fitted a year ago and obviously gives to the car a dip to the rear. I ve been told that the Prodrive Suspension is designed for the Sti model and the installation on GT models gives that slight dip to the rear.That gives the car a wrong set up. Suspension has only 15000km and think of changing it with the proposed INTRAX which can be adjusted to height.

What is your advice is it better than Prodrive or I have to sell my new wheels unfitted yet.

Elias

Old 28 June 2002, 01:16 PM
dsmawd
Scooby Regular

Elias, the rubbing issue is almost certainly due to the tyres. I would suggest changing to 215/40/18 and see if that helps some of the rubbing problems. Also, you could try more negative camber at the rear wheels. Good luck.

- Trent
Old 28 June 2002, 01:22 PM
Ragos Elias
Scooby Regular

Trent
Thanks for reply. I thought of it but going from 225-35-18 to 215-40-18 you change the height of the rubber and so it is possible to catch the body again. Certainly the 215 is smaller but I prefere to go to a suspension solution rather changing the new fitted tyres. Dont forget that is something painfull with these wheels , trying to protect them from any scrathes.

Anybody else for INTRAX I have been quoted for? Is it good?

Elias