Notices
Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Finally pulled the plug on some wheels!

Search this Thread

Old 14 May 2022, 10:57 PM
Luke Kay
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Finally pulled the plug on some wheels!

Hey all, after massive deliberation on multiple forums, and visiting a few wheel shops near me I have finally bought some Konig Hypergrams for my STi! I loved the look of the stock enkei wheels but they just sat wayyy too far into the arches, and these wheels capture the multispoke look with a little more flare. they fit perfectly! Everyone I asked said that they ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT FIT, but here you go! 18x8.5 et35 5x114.3 Konig Hypergrams clear the Brembo's with room to spare, and there is no rubbing issues what so ever. all I need is lowering springs now, MAYBE need some arch work to make them fit when they are lowered but hey! I think they look cool as hell and I have only seen one or two STi's on google with them, so I have individuality points! I think... anyways here's some artsy shots I took.

The following 3 users liked this post by Luke Kay:
Old 15 May 2022, 10:34 PM
meth mouth
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Very nice. Great pics too. I was looking for wheels for a while and just gave up as I didn't want to risk any rubbing. I really liked a couple of enkei wheels but they couldn't confirm if they would fit. Is that a spec D?
Old 15 May 2022, 11:06 PM
Luke Kay
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

It is an STi spec D mate yeah, I too also lost my mind trying to find some that would fit, with our cars being so pointlessly finnicky. Not only with the arch and arch-liner clearance, but the brembos too! The stock Enkei STi wheels from this year of car fit (obviously) and if you're wondering if aftermarket wheels are going to fit, T3h Clap has some decent info on what specific wheels clear Brembos. Enkei's and rotas, especially. Search him on google.

I will say, I consulted https://www.willtheyfit.com/ every time I had an idea on a wheel that I was looking at. It will tell you EVERYTHING about your current setup and how the new setup will change, with a diagram to help. my new Konig's poke 24.4mm from the standard wheels, and are 3mm further out from the struts, with (currently) stock STi suspension and I have no rubbing issues under hard braking, steering, and accelerating. They are absolutely flush with the arches, and I currently have about 1 degree of camber up front and about 2 in the rear, so unless you are happy running more camber or having to do arch work, I wouldn't go ANY wider than a 25mm poke and lower than an inch on suspension.

find the specs of the new wheels you would like, and the wheels you currently have and put the specs into willtheyfit.com and you will have a detailed rundown on what's gonna happen if you buy them. If you have an STi, you have to be weary about brake clearance as the Brembo's are really wide, but on WRX's you only really have to worry about outer arch and strut clearance.

I can't fully advise you but you're doing the right thing by researching. what enkei wheels we're you looking for? if its RPF1's or NT03 or anything like those then as I said, T3h Clap is your main source of info. Consult his website, see if he has info on your wheels (I know he has RPF1 specs and clearances) take the specs and then plug them into willtheyfit.com and compare them to your current setup. If they clear brembos, and have a equal to/less than 25mm poke, you'll probably be completely okay if you're on stock suspension or slightly lowered.
Old 16 May 2022, 09:27 AM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

They look like oz superlegras.
Old 24 May 2022, 03:05 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

Nah can't see it

Originally Posted by RobsyUK
They look like oz superlegras.
Old 24 May 2022, 04:02 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

Old 25 May 2022, 09:25 AM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

Cheers for the picture but I have a set on my car, well there replica's sold original's on here a while back, after damaging one alloy by removing the locking nut. Didn't have key off previous owner.

Originally Posted by RobsyUK