Speedline 2013c GLM Motorsport

Search this Thread

Old 16 October 2021, 11:42 PM
Holdup1
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Speedline 2013c GLM Motorsport

Posted this in general however here seems more appropriate.

Just ordered a set of 18x8 Speedline 2013c GrpA SBF from GLM Motorsport due in a few weeks. Seen a lot of these versions on Gc8’s in the US and heard good things.

anyone on here have a set too ????

Stole the images from their Insta

cheers

Old 18 October 2021, 08:32 AM
Shane
Scooby Regular

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

They do look good, I reckon there would be clearance issues on a classic running the width and offset they have in their photos, the ST2 was the nearest you could get to the WRC wheel originally but they are narrower with a less aggressive offset.

Old 19 October 2021, 12:15 AM
Holdup1
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

My previous option was the Speedline 2013c in ET48 but never really liked the flat centre dish.

These are full GrpA ET11.6 wheels which clearly they fettle with to allow fitment on a non GrpA car

they spec’d me a fast road ride height or GrpA ride height. Seen a few pics online of guys running them successfully so far.

anyway mine will come this week so will report back.

Old 19 October 2021, 08:27 AM
RRP1STI
Scooby Regular

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Just fitted them to my Widetrack Sti,18x8 et35-stunning wheel!,as said above,maybe a bit aggressive fitment on classic
The following users liked this post:
Old 19 October 2021, 08:41 AM
stockcar
Scooby Regular

Received 379 Likes on 301 Posts

not sure why your waiting a month when they are in UK stock currently..........also hope you have a wide body kit for those ET11.6 as they don't fit anything else....

just for info the "road" version of this wheel is not 'fettled' its specifically cast / machined to suit the road going hubs rather the the pukka Prodrive kit
Old 19 October 2021, 01:03 PM
Holdup1
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by stockcar
not sure why your waiting a month when they are in UK stock currently..........also hope you have a wide body kit for those ET11.6 as they don't fit anything else....

just for info the "road" version of this wheel is not 'fettled' its specifically cast / machined to suit the road going hubs rather the the pukka Prodrive kit
I don’t have a wide body kit, these wheels will fit a standard body Impreza And are full GrpA 👍🏼👍🏼
Old 19 October 2021, 02:32 PM
1509joe
Scooby Regular

Received 278 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by Holdup1
I don’t have a wide body kit, these wheels will fit a standard body Impreza And are full GrpA 👍🏼👍🏼

DESCRIPTION
5×100 = ET48 = STANDARD ROAD CAR, COMPLETE WITH CENTRE CAP & BADGE AND WHEEL NUTS.
5×100 = ET11.6 = ROAD CAR HUBS WITH 56.1MM CENTRE BORE BUT WITH GPA/WRC/22B BODY KIT FITTED TO FILL OUT BODY WORK, COMPLETE WITH CENTRE CAP & BAG & WHEEL NUTS.
5×100 = ET11.6 = FULL SPEC GPA/WRC RALLY CAR = 54.1MM CENTRE BORE, NO CENTRE CAP.
5×114.3 = ET48 = STANDARD ROAD CAR STI WITH CENTRE CAP & BADGE & WHEEL NUTS.

People never listen
Old 19 October 2021, 02:48 PM
Holdup1
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by 1509joe

DESCRIPTION
5×100 = ET48 = STANDARD ROAD CAR, COMPLETE WITH CENTRE CAP & BADGE AND WHEEL NUTS.
5×100 = ET11.6 = ROAD CAR HUBS WITH 56.1MM CENTRE BORE BUT WITH GPA/WRC/22B BODY KIT FITTED TO FILL OUT BODY WORK, COMPLETE WITH CENTRE CAP & BAG & WHEEL NUTS.
5×100 = ET11.6 = FULL SPEC GPA/WRC RALLY CAR = 54.1MM CENTRE BORE, NO CENTRE CAP.
5×114.3 = ET48 = STANDARD ROAD CAR STI WITH CENTRE CAP & BADGE & WHEEL NUTS.

People never listen
this used to be the only specs available before www.glmmotorsport.com 😂

You can now get GrpA Speedlines with the visual of ET11.6. 54.1 Centre bore that fit a standard body, standard hub Impreza. Surprised more aren’t aware of this as there is a lot in the US 😂

Old 19 October 2021, 04:15 PM
stockcar
Scooby Regular

you can't fit ET11.6 wheels on a std car, unless you have moved the hubs onto the gearbox output splines...............

Speedline do a suitable grpA style wheel but with a road fitment ET48 in 8x18" for the road cars with std bodywork

if they really are supplying you ET11.6 then maybe you need to think again.........

have supplied Speedline for 20yrs+ so very aware of what their range and suitable fitments are
Old 19 October 2021, 05:31 PM
Holdup1
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

you can't fit ET11.6 wheels on a std car, unless you have moved the hubs onto the gearbox output splines...............

Speedline do a suitable grpA style wheel but with a road fitment ET48 in 8x18" for the road cars with std bodywork

if they really are supplying you ET11.6 then maybe you need to think again.........

have supplied Speedline for 20yrs+ so very aware of what their range and suitable fitments are
Thanks for the input.

actually you a very unaware.

the ET 48 imitation has just been made some what redundant thanks to this company

Do some research on this company and the latest version of the wheel they have and you will see for your self.

i would have to be pretty dumb to spend a wedge of cash on wheels that don’t fit my car wouldn’t I.

Not sure what’s so hard to understand here. They take the latest version of the wheel. 2013c GpA ET11.6 and adjust it to fit standard hubs and fenders, whilst Keeping the GpA deep dish and front! facing GpA centre bore size.

look at the images👀

in summary they have given us the opportunity to fit 90,s era GpA wheels to a road going scooby. Pretty cool I think hence my purchase.
Old 19 October 2021, 05:45 PM
1509joe
Scooby Regular

Posh address 4,000 firms call home: Scammers turn to virtual offices | This is Money

Last edited by 1509joe; 19 October 2021 at 06:57 PM.
Old 19 October 2021, 06:09 PM
scooby kid
Scooby Regular

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Alyn, they are that offset to start, but they machine the back of the hub to get clearance so are not ET11 and further. I asked them as was intrigued so from the horses mouth.
Hence why a months wait.
Old 19 October 2021, 06:17 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 747 Likes on 620 Posts

They quote two ET's on their site in the description for this wheel ET22 and ET11.6

Adding them together you get 33.6 which is more realistic.
Old 19 October 2021, 06:36 PM
Holdup1
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by Don Clark
They quote two ET's on their site in the description for this wheel ET22 and ET11.6

Adding them together you get 33.6 which is more realistic.
😂😂 no they don’t. They state center bowl depth from ET11.6 it’s pretty crucial to there sales pitch wouldn’t you say .. otherwise people would think it’s center bowl depth from ET22 which isn’t as deep .
Old 19 October 2021, 07:10 PM
scooby kid
Scooby Regular

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm not doubting you, but I was told by them they took grp A wheel, machined the rear hub face down to allow it to fit, so you get the grp A outside with a road car ET..
Hence why there £1700-1800 a set compared to the grp a price direct from speedline
Old 19 October 2021, 07:20 PM
Holdup1
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by scooby kid
I'm not doubting you, but I was told by them they took grp A wheel, machined the rear hub face down to allow it to fit, so you get the grp A outside with a road car ET..
Hence why there £1700-1800 a set compared to the grp a price direct from speedline
said the same to me too pretty much,
Old 19 October 2021, 07:49 PM
Holdup1
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Registers address doesn’t make u a scammer 😂😂😂 I’m sure there are a few that do but you can scam from any address can’t you . guess you either get the wheels u paid for or you don’t.. and since loads of people online have these already I assume they actually deliver the wheel 😂 seems mine are on the way anyway 😂 so let’s see
Old 20 October 2021, 03:40 PM
stockcar
Scooby Regular

either way like I say the wheels you are proposing to fit are NOT ET 11.6..........what they started life as is totally different
can't recall how much hub depth you have on the larger wheel as to if there is enough material to machine closer to ET 45-48 that you would need to fit a std classic road car but has to be getting to very min. thickness

Old 20 October 2021, 09:12 PM
Holdup1
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

either way like I say the wheels you are proposing to fit are NOT ET 11.6..........what they started life as is totally different
can't recall how much hub depth you have on the larger wheel as to if there is enough material to machine closer to ET 45-48 that you would need to fit a std classic road car but has to be getting to very min. thickness
perhaps you didn’t read what I wrote at the top. They ARE ET11.6 wheels that have been adjusted ! The ET according to GLM motorsport works out about ET 24 once finished. That does not make it an ET24 wheel design because this would be a shallower centre dish which is closely available else where, hence ! Why it’s important to refer to the wheel as an ET11.6 wheel. clearly you don’t need! ET48 to fit to a classic since GLM motorsport are selling ET11.6 wheels machined to ET 24 to loads ocustomers popping up around the world from
what I’ve seen. I asked them about the flange thickness as it was a concern. They told me “ flange thickness is thicker than what is on std ET48 and wheels exceed BSI standards, have been impact tested, Finite element tested and thoroughly road tested.” I can’t argue with that.
Im sure they know more about wheel fitment of these than both you and I . 😂 they proposed the wheel to me and Clearly it fits so im excited to get them on my car.
Old 21 October 2021, 09:11 AM
stockcar
Scooby Regular

speak to Speedline as they have concerns about this mod and yes I'm aware that the wheels are circa ET22 once modified
regardless of what is stated they will not fit a std road going car without having the camber over adjusted or simply set-up for "show use" as their own website implies.......

as an example Speedline made some wheels exclusively for Launsport in Japan to suit their 22b kitted cars which were circa ET22 and sit perfectly within the wider 22b specification arch so this gives you some idea of what the chances are for regular road use
Old 21 October 2021, 09:34 AM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

Received 447 Likes on 371 Posts

perhaps you didn’t read what I wrote at the top. They ARE ET11.6 wheels that have been adjusted ! The ET according to GLM motorsport works out about ET 24 once finished. That does not make it an ET24 wheel design because this would be a shallower centre dish which is closely available else where, hence ! Why it’s important to refer to the wheel as an ET11.6 wheel. clearly you don’t need! ET48 to fit to a classic since GLM motorsport are selling ET11.6 wheels machined to ET 24 to loads ocustomers popping up around the world from
what I’ve seen. I asked them about the flange thickness as it was a concern. They told me “ flange thickness is thicker than what is on std ET48 and wheels exceed BSI standards, have been impact tested, Finite element tested and thoroughly road tested.” I can’t argue with that.
Im sure they know more about wheel fitment of these than both you and I . 😂 they proposed the wheel to me and Clearly it fits so im excited to get them on my car.
Mate you've said it yourself and you were the one causing the confusion. Everyone here was referring to ET (size, poke whatever you want to call it). What you were actually referring to and now clarified in your last message is the design looks like the same design from the outside of a wheel that is a different ET.

Chill out and stop being so rude.
Old 21 October 2021, 09:36 AM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

Received 447 Likes on 371 Posts

You might not know this because you're new here but Stockcar is Alyn from AS Performance. The guy sells so many parts for performance cars and builds race cars too.
Old 21 October 2021, 10:39 AM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 747 Likes on 620 Posts

Originally Posted by NOSSY_89
You might not know this because you're new here but Stockcar is Alyn from AS Performance. The guy sells so many parts for performance cars and builds race cars too.
Including Speedline wheels

Last edited by Don Clark; 21 October 2021 at 10:43 AM.
Old 21 October 2021, 08:29 PM
Holdup1
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

speak to Speedline as they have concerns about this mod and yes I'm aware that the wheels are circa ET22 once modified
regardless of what is stated they will not fit a std road going car without having the camber over adjusted or simply set-up for "show use" as their own website implies.......

as an example Speedline made some wheels exclusively for Launsport in Japan to suit their 22b kitted cars which were circa ET22 and sit perfectly within the wider 22b specification arch so this gives you some idea of what the chances are for regular road use
spoke to Speedline already. They don’t have concerns and apparently had some hand in the design.

camber is 2 degrees negative according to GLM motorsport so no issues there

the launsport ET 22 is sold for non wide arch by Speedline.. it has a shallower centre dish and shows Centre bore 56.1 from the outside. The GLM Motorsport wheel has a less aggressive ET by a few mm (so better for non wide arch) has the GrpA deep centre dish and shows GrpA centre bore 54.1 from the outside. Bit of a no brainer wouldn’t you say ?

Last edited by Holdup1; 21 October 2021 at 08:55 PM.
Old 21 October 2021, 08:30 PM
Holdup1
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

only offering the facts.
Old 21 October 2021, 08:36 PM
Holdup1
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

My previous option was the Speedline 2013c in ET48 but never really liked the flat centre dish.

These are full GrpA ET11.6 wheels which clearly they fettle with to allow fitment on a non GrpA car

they spec’d me a fast road ride height or GrpA ride height. Seen a few pics online of guys running them successfully so far.

anyway mine will come this week so will report back.

Mate you've said it yourself and you were the one causing the confusion. Everyone here was referring to ET (size, poke whatever you want to call it). What you were actually referring to and now clarified in your last message is the design looks like the same design from the outside of a wheel that is a different ET.

Chill out and stop being so rude.
wrong .. as you can see above I said in one of my first messages

“These are full GrpA ET11.6 wheels which clearly they fettle with to allow fitment on a non GrpA car”

don’t call me out if you don’t read. I’m very chill thanks and deliver the facts on the wheels only. If you don’t like it don’t open the thread.
Old 21 October 2021, 08:47 PM
Holdup1
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

btw there was a video on you tube of a Classic in the US with GLM Motorsport GrpA wheels on. They fit perfectly within the arches. Ride height looks great and he takes some clips with hard !! Cornering without any wheel rubbing issue etc. check it out

On a serious note Are u just discrediting the wheels because you sell inferior looking alternatives such as ET48 etc ? Just seems you got a lot of bad things to say about a wheel that has great specs and you don’t know much about. ?
Old 21 October 2021, 09:24 PM
Turbovin
Scooby Regular

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

I think you're going to need more than - 2 degrees and pulled wheel arches to be able to use ET22 if the wheel is 8" wide. But let's hope they fit because they do look great.
Old 21 October 2021, 09:40 PM
Holdup1
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by Turbovin
I think you're going to need more than - 2 degrees and pulled wheel arches to be able to use ET22 if the wheel is 8" wide. But let's hope they fit because they do look great.
check it out on Instagram. They fit awesome !! Stacks being used already if you look about 👍🏼 Mine should be here next week so will update anyway .
Old 21 October 2021, 09:46 PM
1509joe
Scooby Regular

Considering you've not long joined and this company seems to have materialised (well at least the website) about the same time as you you seem very determined to get across a point for no apparent reason.

Quick Reply: Speedline 2013c GLM Motorsport