Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Uneven Shoulder Wear on Stock Regular Impreza

Search this Thread

Old 26 November 2017, 01:44 AM
badadjective
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uneven Shoulder Wear on Stock Regular Impreza

Apologies in advance for not having pics, I will try to follow with some later.

I have a 2015 Impreza, just a regular (no WRX or STI) Impreza. Everything is factory, bought it brand new, no accidents or known damage of any kind, non-aggressive city driving, tires rotated every 6K at a shop. Factory Yokohama tires. Checked for recalls.

Both front tires are COMPLETELY worn out at the inside shoulders after 20K miles, outside looks completely fine. I get the tires rotated at the shop and they never mentioned anything and I never looked at the inside shoulder myself, until I went recently to get a puncture repaired and happened to watch them do it. WOW! Completely gone inside shoulder, I asked them to lift up the car so I can look at the other tires and other front tire is exactly the same. Rear tires were much better but you could tell there was a little, I guess from rotation it evened it out more, but the front tires are useless after 20K miles with uneven wear? Outside shoulder looks like it can go another 20K!

I've read in previous threads about camber (not likely) and toe (more likely) but these were all for modded cars. I know nothing about that and have never had anything changed on the car. What could it be for a 2 year old, bought brand new, regular Impreza? Warranty runs out soon, should I take it to the dealer?
Old 26 November 2017, 02:16 PM
ray54
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts

Take car to the dealer and have castor/camber checked out,should cost you nothing (hopefully) under the warranty. explain your concerns on the tyre wear.

(Presume if tyre tread is rotational tyre is turning the right way) .

Ray..........
Old 27 November 2017, 01:41 AM
badadjective
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ray54
Take car to the dealer and have castor/camber checked out,should cost you nothing (hopefully) under the warranty. explain your concerns on the tyre wear.

(Presume if tyre tread is rotational tyre is turning the right way) .

Ray..........
Thanks, to the dealer it is!