Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Sti 7 pads and boost gauge

Search this Thread

Old 06 June 2002, 02:20 PM
Jools
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Looking for advice on front pads for the Brembo's. Called my local Subaru dealer and they don't even have them listed yet? I have heard of another Sti 7, which has now fitted 1144 front pads. I used to run 1155's in my old Impreza and liked them a lot.

Also looking for advice on a boost gauge. Looked at the triple pod that GGR supply, but it looks big and bulky. Anyone fitted a single pod gauge to the new age car and if so, where?

Old 06 June 2002, 02:35 PM
JohnS

I believe that Prodrive are working on a suitable pad compund for the cars.

I also know that Scoobysport sell the Pagid ones for both the front and rear calipers.

I would have thought that Mintex 1144 may not be entirely suitable for the cars, especially if the car is to see some hard use. They are probably fine as a road/fast road pad though.

Boost gauge - there is one available from the Subaru accessories catalogue: Part No H5010FE000YA It's a Lamco gauge, and is shown in the catalogue mounted in front of the instrument cluster, at the bottom right corner. RRP £139.95 (inc VAT).

John
Old 06 June 2002, 02:51 PM
Dark
Scooby Regular

Trashed a set of pads already?

Have you tried speaking to Kevin at FPC? They can usually get most pad/material/caliper combinations. Last time I used them they had a new supplier for the DS2500 material which both myself & JohnS found to be great with the AP 4 pots.

Mark

Old 06 June 2002, 03:15 PM
russell hayward
Scooby Regular

Boost gauge - there is one available from the Subaru accessories catalogue: Part No H5010FE000YA It's a Lamco gauge, and is shown in the catalogue mounted in front of the instrument cluster, at the bottom right corner. RRP £139.95 (inc VAT).

I have this one. It mounts on the sterring column shroud. It's fine !!
Old 06 June 2002, 06:57 PM
cheesy
Scooby Regular

I had a DEFI boost gauge fitted by SCOOBYMANIA by the drivers A pillar. Looks cool and was a good price. The command box i've mounted where the cup holder fits on the dash cool.......
CHEESY
Old 07 June 2002, 03:17 PM
Jools
Scooby Regular

Red face

Hope you are sitting down! Got a price from Subaru today for the replacement front pads. They come in at £232 + vat, a cool £272.60.

Would be interested to find out what the original pad material is? I understand it is DS2000 material. Can anyone confirm this?

Spoke with Alan at Falkland and they will be able to supply DS2500, Mintex 1155 or 1144 material. Right now, they have the 1144 material pad for the Brembo in stock. They are £106 + vat, which comes to a more sensible price of £124.55.

Alan has had good reports regarding the 1144 material on such big pads. Watch this space...I guess there will be several of the 5 blue Sti’s we know getting to the point of needing replacement front pads soon, so the feedback will be interesting.

I have now done just over 6K and ready for a fresh set.
Jools.