Notices
West Yorkshire Impreza Owners Club (WYIOC) The official dedicated forum for West Yorkshire Impreza Owners Club.

york raceway

Search this Thread

Old 28 May 2010, 10:29 PM
bigarf
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default york raceway

anybody going to york raceway over the bank holiday weekend.my brother and his mate are having a drive through on monday to spectate,so i just couldnt resist a drive through to see what the old girl can do on the strip.i have a few little jobs to do on her tomorrow then shes ready for a good blast up that quarter mile.so if anyone is going i will see ya there.
Old 28 May 2010, 10:41 PM
eggy790
Scooby Regular

i'll be going mate on the monday..

my friend should be running his JDM STi private plate R6LYY

i wont be running mine as ive got tax mot and insurance this month

my other friend however will be taking a 700bhp track ready GTO mapped to 110 ron fuel

he used to be an importer and got the car free with the truck load he imported, and its just been parked up for the last year so he's decided to start dragging it, as it seems to have hks drag strip stickers all over it stating 10 second monster etc..

should be interesting to see how my friend does in it.. he's got it checked over by richard henry motorsport.. and andy is saying the car is an animal and so much is done to it he doesnt understand it all properly and what some of the stuff does.

my mate also doesnt know where to get fuel for it, so is planning on putting a few bottles of octane booster plus v power

should be fun

Last edited by eggy790; 28 May 2010 at 10:43 PM.
Old 28 May 2010, 11:07 PM
tweaks
Scooby Regular

it'll be a close thing then big guy if i decide to put the xsara down the strip

Tim
Old 28 May 2010, 11:08 PM
coops78
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bigarf
anybody going to york raceway over the bank holiday weekend.my brother and his mate are having a drive through on monday to spectate,so i just couldnt resist a drive through to see what the old girl can do on the strip.i have a few little jobs to do on her tomorrow then shes ready for a good blast up that quarter mile.so if anyone is going i will see ya there.
i need a new job where i don't have to work bank holidays.... i would have gone if i wasn't working. Bang a nice 10s run in there mate
Old 28 May 2010, 11:16 PM
tweaks
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by coops78
i need a new job where i don't have to work bank holidays.... i would have gone if i wasn't working. Bang a nice 10s run in there mate
if he lets me have ago i reckon i could.............

i mean a weigh about 5st less than arf
sorry fella couldn't resist

Tim
Old 29 May 2010, 12:06 AM
dunx
Scooby Senior

I'm helping him out with the weight lifting....

LOL

dunx
Old 29 May 2010, 07:21 AM
bigarf
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by eggy790
i'll be going mate on the monday..

my friend should be running his JDM STi private plate R6LYY

i wont be running mine as ive got tax mot and insurance this month

my other friend however will be taking a 700bhp track ready GTO mapped to 110 ron fuel

he used to be an importer and got the car free with the truck load he imported, and its just been parked up for the last year so he's decided to start dragging it, as it seems to have hks drag strip stickers all over it stating 10 second monster etc..

should be interesting to see how my friend does in it.. he's got it checked over by richard henry motorsport.. and andy is saying the car is an animal and so much is done to it he doesnt understand it all properly and what some of the stuff does.

my mate also doesnt know where to get fuel for it, so is planning on putting a few bottles of octane booster plus v power

should be fun
i will look out for ya mate.
Old 29 May 2010, 07:22 AM
bigarf
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tweaks
it'll be a close thing then big guy if i decide to put the xsara down the strip

Tim
you clown.
Old 29 May 2010, 07:29 AM
bigarf
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by coops78
would be nice to break into the 10's but i dont think i will be going too mad as i havnt got used to launching it yet.i tried a couple of starts and the first one was just plain crap,so i tried again with a few more beens and it hit the limiter in first before my brain had even told me i had let the clutch out.if i can get some low 11's i will be happy with that.my best run in my blue one was 11.7 so should be interesting to see the difference in the two.
Old 29 May 2010, 06:18 PM
turboturner
Scooby Regular

I'm going!! I need to see that scooby run ! Worked it out on the bhp calculator and it came back with a low 10's 1/4 mile and a totally crazy 0-60 of less than 3 secs! It's gonna make mine look like it's going backwards!!
Old 29 May 2010, 06:36 PM
bigarf
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by turboturner
I'm going!! I need to see that scooby run ! Worked it out on the bhp calculator and it came back with a low 10's 1/4 mile and a totally crazy 0-60 of less than 3 secs! It's gonna make mine look like it's going backwards!!
going backwards.
Old 29 May 2010, 07:35 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

That little one he built did that to mine anyway...

dunx

P.S. If the Neetronics is in and running....
Old 29 May 2010, 09:37 PM
turboturner
Scooby Regular

Interior is coming out then for those .00's of a second! Ib lost is a bhp gained))
Old 30 May 2010, 07:15 AM
bigarf
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by turboturner
Interior is coming out then for those .00's of a second! Ib lost is a bhp gained))
whipped my rear seats out last night,was going to take my seatbelts out aswell as i have harnesses fitted so dont need them,but i saw they had airbag sensors attatched to them.and as it was getting late i didnt want to have airbags going of in my face.
Old 30 May 2010, 07:17 AM
bigarf
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dunx
That little one he built did that to mine anyway...

dunx

P.S. If the Neetronics is in and running....
how you going on with that massive bundle of wires i gave you,have you got it sorted or have you hung your lass from the ceiling with it all.
Old 30 May 2010, 09:09 AM
PAUL CRAFTS
Scooby Regular

We will make one..see ya there...
Old 30 May 2010, 11:18 AM
dunx
Scooby Senior

She went out for a Chinese with her mates.... I fell asleep ! Then I played "taxi driver" around midnight.

LOL

dunx

P.S.Getting stuck in after the first lap of the F1, yawn....
Old 30 May 2010, 04:00 PM
turboturner
Scooby Regular

Lucky on mine as the front seats don't have the airbags fitted Its just getting the thing to launch! On my old Nissan it was 6k revs side step and bang! I need a ceramic clutch for some dumps on this thing..Sick of the feed it in technique!
I'll come and say hi tomorrow Arf! I need to see the inner workings of the beast
Old 30 May 2010, 05:51 PM
eggy790
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bigarf
i will look out for ya mate.
cool come over and say hello

heres the gto.. not sure what it will do ont he strip..

http://s256.photobucket.com/albums/h...0052010116.flv
Old 30 May 2010, 08:48 PM
bigarf
Scooby Regular

well what can i say,i was all ready for tomorrow just needed to give her a good clean.you may not believe this as i carnt believe it myself really.when i bought the car it had a little fire extinguisher with it,but its something i have always been going to buy so,i took are lass out for some dinner today then called in at halfords to get myself a bigger fire extinguisher just incase anything did ever happen.i bought a 2kg one for more safety.then we walked out and thought i would go for a drive to white rose for a look round.so onto the m62 at ponte then what happened next is unbelievable.i haddent even got to the next turn off(normington) when i saw smoke belowing from behind me,i pulled straight onto the hard shoulder and told are lass to get out,i turned the ignition off but the turbo timer kept it running for 30secs,i shot out of the car popped the bonnet and was knocked back by flames,i got the fire extinguisher i had just bought and blasted the engine bay,then it ran out almost straight away and the fire was still burning,so i got the smaller extinguisher out and blasted it with that.it was the headers that were on fire.to say i **** myself was an understatment.the fire was out but i needed to move the car from the motorway so i left it to cool a while and checked for damage.there didnt seem to be anything noticably damaged as everthing was just covered in powder.when things had cooled i started her up to move it from the motorway,idled it just down the slip road and off at normington.then i pulled over again and the bloody thing had caught hold again and i had used both the extinguishers,in a panic i ripped the washer bottle off and poured water all over which put the fire out thank god.not wanting to risk it again i rang my brother and he towed me home.when i got it over the pit to check how it had started i saw that the oil cooler pipe had burst and poured oil all over the headers.so i removed the oil cooler and started her up,all seemed ok so i washed the powder off the engine bay and took her for a steady drive.seems to drive ok but the boost gauge no longer works and the car isnt boosting until after 5 an a half thouw,also the tickover is up and down.i have checked the boost hoses and they seem ok but there is something just not right.i will have to back out of tomorrow as i need to sort out what damage has accured.i really carnt believe that i had only just gone and bought another fire extinguisher and if i hadn't then my car would by now be a pile of ashes.sorry about tomorrow guys as i was really looking forward to meeting up with you all but i need to sort out what has happened.p.s am i really the most unlucky impreza owner ever.
Old 30 May 2010, 09:26 PM
eggy790
Scooby Regular

omg i cant believe that, every owners worst nightmare.

must have scared te life out of you, i remmeber when my friends car (avensis) caught on fire that was scary enough and we put it out with snow.

bloody hell man, you havnt had it long either.. hope you get the car sorted soon and it isnt too costly..hopefully you put it out in time before any major damages
Old 30 May 2010, 09:54 PM
bigarf
Scooby Regular

thanks mate,seems to start ok but i dont know wether the fire extiguisher has done more damage than the fire by getting into the engine somehow.i'm hoping its an easy fix and not something perminent.
Old 30 May 2010, 10:11 PM
tweaks
Scooby Regular

unbelievable fella really didn't know what to say when you told me,we'll get it sorted mate don't worry.

Tim
Old 30 May 2010, 11:36 PM
coops78
Scooby Regular

Fookin hell mate thats some bad luck your having. Hope you and Tim get it sorted.

Coops
Old 31 May 2010, 12:34 AM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Bloody hell !

Thank god you did buy the extinguisher.

If you want a hand I'll wander round, don't think I'm quite done with the DCCD set-up.

Glad you and your lass are O.K. too !

dunx
Old 31 May 2010, 04:19 AM
turboturner
Scooby Regular

Jesus Christ ! Close call !
Glad everbody and car is ok !
Old 31 May 2010, 07:26 AM
bigarf
Scooby Regular

thanks for the support guys,tbh theres not much that scares me but that has shook me up real bad.the one thing i hate is fire and when you lift your bonnet on a busy motorway and get met by flames its not a pretty sight.the one thing i will never be without now this has happened is a fire extinguisher,i went straight back to halfords and bought another yesterday,£50 or not it was worth every penny to me as it has just saved me my car and if i had kept going to the next junction instead of pulling over when i did it could have been even worse.
Old 31 May 2010, 09:32 AM
carl swailes
Scooby Regular

fu.... hell sorry to hear about your bad experiance hope you are both ok
Old 31 May 2010, 09:43 AM
PAUL CRAFTS
Scooby Regular

Ho my god mate,, what a bad run of luck at least u had the right thing to put the fire out.Hope it's not done too much damage to the car,and long as u 2 are ok...Have been looking forward to see your car sound like a good bit of kit,anyway mate hope u get it sorted and things start to go the right way for u ,,,,,all the best mate and keep your chin up....RACE ON.....
Old 31 May 2010, 09:46 AM
FroSt1
Scooby Regular

Fookin hell Arf, glad you both are ok and the car shouldn't be too bad hopefully. Take care mate and really hope it gets sorted ok

Quick Reply: york raceway