Notices
West Yorkshire Impreza Owners Club (WYIOC) The official dedicated forum for West Yorkshire Impreza Owners Club.

budget boot build part 1

Search this Thread

Old 23 May 2010, 10:45 PM
mark100
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default budget boot build part 1

Im saveing for engine and bodywork at the moment but i just carnt live with no ice in the car so ive set myself a task
build a system boot / rear shelf / door pods and fitted all for £100 and what i can find in the shed and loft.
this might sound mad but ive built the odd system before and have a few spares i can use
So this is how ive spent yestarday night and today

Half the false floor and the trunking for the wires was last night

Then today its internal skelton of the sub box and clad it in mdf seem seal fill etc etc

Then its mountings rings and a bit ov support. if you look close at the rings you see one,s a full peice and one,s made from scraps as im running low now this will be coverd and filled with fibreglass so it does look a little ruff round the edges at the mo

Spend so far ;- £30 quid on cableing and fuse £22 on some new 6x9 from ask in kippax

tommorow ill be fitting my old amp connectors and subbs then might see how it sounds tuesdays the parcel shelf i think
Old 24 May 2010, 11:43 AM
budd
Scooby Regular

interesting build, it's more usual to see people removing weight from their Imprezas than adding it!!
But it looks good and your doing well to keeping the costs down (although I guess it does help if you already have the main hardware) I always found it's the bits that add up, wire, fuses, trim carpet, glue, filler etc BTW if you need some spray glue I've got afew cans going cheap, where are you based?
Old 25 May 2010, 01:05 PM
mark100
Scooby Newbie

Based in whinmoor just off the a64 got loads of spray i was a carpet fitter before so i still got tones of the industrail stuff cheers anyway bud. The box is finished and the amp is mounted in the spare wheel well on a floating stand and now it all just needs covering in acustic cloth when i find one that matches / near to the standard boot carpet

But i think it might have to wait as the rads just gone The cars sat on my drive in a puddle ov its own creation ...................... doh.
Old 25 May 2010, 03:11 PM
budd
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mark100
But i think it might have to wait as the rads just gone The cars sat on my drive in a puddle ov its own creation ...................... doh.
he

snap mine as started weeping out of the plastic end cap, cheapest replacement I've found is on ebay OE spec Koyo £55 delivered, or you could go uprated allot consruction at £120 delivered I'm trying to make up my mind which to opt for.