Notices
West Yorkshire Impreza Owners Club (WYIOC) The official dedicated forum for West Yorkshire Impreza Owners Club.

Saying Thanks to WYIOC

Search this Thread

Old 30 March 2008, 01:58 AM
TitaniumDanny
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Saying Thanks to WYIOC

WOW well where to start, i was just wanting to say a massive thanks to all of the WYIOC members for your time effort @ blyton, you exceed my expectations by miles and carried on going,i couldnt of dreampt of a better day out, just saying thanks for a superb day and there isnt nothing you could have done to have made it any better for me, wish i could have said thanks to you all in person, it was nice meeting you all, and i look forward to future events and hope to see you there, maybe if im luck i might have a manual by then lol never wanted a auto, would be alot better
big shout out and thanks to
Corradoboy
Alan c
debs
for your time and correspondence & patching me in n getting me connected with your group
keep up the good work
Old 30 March 2008, 01:18 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Much appreciated, as long as everyone enjoys themselves there'll be a Blyton (I hope)
Originally Posted by TitaniumDanny
keep up the good work
Muck-in and help, it's what makes the club work
Old 30 March 2008, 03:19 PM
peebub
Scooby Regular

Yes couldn't agree with you more danny and dave,,WHAT A CLUB IT IS,, What a day it was... Good friends, good food,weather not too bad, and some new members welcome to the club guys nice to meet you....
What we need now, is another blyton but in warm weather,,,roll on the next one,,,And dave what can we say,, you did us proud once again cocker, Thanks again mate for another memorable day,,,
Old 30 March 2008, 03:43 PM
TitaniumDanny
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by peebub
Yes couldn't agree with you more danny and dave,,WHAT A CLUB IT IS,, What a day it was... Good friends, good food,weather not too bad, and some new members welcome to the club guys nice to meet you....
What we need now, is another blyton but in warm weather,,,roll on the next one,,,And dave what can we say,, you did us proud once again cocker, Thanks again mate for another memorable day,,,
Nooo no no no BRING ON THE RAIN
the weather couldnt have been more perfect if id prayed for it, got loads of practice and learnt so so very much in dry in the morning and the rain in the afternoon, and i had so much more fun while it was wet, i just couldnt get that back end out while it was dry, but i did loose it quiet badly at the very end of the day coming out of the 2nd chicane on the way back down and hit a big sand sack of tires sideways at about 60mph, bit gladly on minor dent damage should puch right out
WHAT A PERFECT DAY FOR MY FIRST TIME EVER ON A TRACK !!!!
I JUST CANT EXPRESS HOW MUCH I ENJOYED MY SELF, AND HOW FANTASTIC THE DAY WAS AS IT WAS MORE THAN A DREAM COME TRUE, iv always wanted to get into racing and tried my whole life and dreamd of it and i have tried but never actually got any where, for once in my life i feel im on the starting block and will progress somewhere
Old 30 March 2008, 04:09 PM
Princess on board
Scooby Regular

Default Whilst reading this play the link below

Originally Posted by TitaniumDanny
Nooo no no no BRING ON THE RAIN
the weather couldnt have been more perfect if id prayed for it, got loads of practice and learnt so so very much in dry in the morning and the rain in the afternoon, and i had so much more fun while it was wet, i just couldnt get that back end out while it was dry, but i did loose it quiet badly at the very end of the day coming out of the 2nd chicane on the way back down and hit a big sand sack of tires sideways at about 60mph, bit gladly on minor dent damage should puch right out
WHAT A PERFECT DAY FOR MY FIRST TIME EVER ON A TRACK !!!!
I JUST CANT EXPRESS HOW MUCH I ENJOYED MY SELF, AND HOW FANTASTIC THE DAY WAS AS IT WAS MORE THAN A DREAM COME TRUE, iv always wanted to get into racing and tried my whole life and dreamd of it and i have tried but never actually got any where, for once in my life i feel im on the starting block and will progress somewhere

YouTube - Danny Boy - Michael Ball
Old 30 March 2008, 05:02 PM
sco8bystu
Scooby Regular

i prolly hit the same sand bag m8 only mines abit worse i went home to sulk
Old 30 March 2008, 05:38 PM
bAN01TgAZ
Scooby Regular

Im also thankfull to all involved yesterday,

without you guys i would have been sat at my pc.. again...

but ionstead i got a phone call on friday night, and picked up at 5am, and best of all, I got to drive too!!!

It was a great day out (driving or stood in the rain with a camera)

a big thank you to the lotus driver for showing me the lines,

Im also glad I hit nothing, but i made danny change his pants a few times, lol

Ive posted the pics i took yesterday, videos are coming soon

thanks again
Old 30 March 2008, 05:42 PM
peebub
Scooby Regular

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37eyeYDl7AQ&feature=related]YouTube - Danny Boy - Michael Ball

PMSL.....
Old 30 March 2008, 07:52 PM
TitaniumDanny
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Princess on board

why does someone always have to sing to me altho a bit different sending a video
Old 30 March 2008, 07:59 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Which car was yours Danny Boy ?

Duncan
Old 30 March 2008, 08:18 PM
Sticky Stuff
Scooby Regular

Location: ShyTot graphics Location: Squires Bar Location: Wakecastlefract

Think he was in the Leggy wagon.
Old 30 March 2008, 10:17 PM
bAN01TgAZ
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Sticky Stuff
Think he was in the Leggy wagon.
yeah, we were in the silver legacy, danny and I

Last edited by bAN01TgAZ; 30 March 2008 at 10:20 PM. Reason: adding pic
Old 31 March 2008, 05:26 PM
TitaniumDanny
Scooby Regular

for an estate i couldnt believe how well it handled but is was a performance car and how much grip it had on road tyres was unreal, at least i think they were road tyres lol usually estates the back end is traling around behind you like a piece of rope ! ready to flail off infront at the first corner, but not this one oh no, it took some going to get that back end kicking out, i found it alot easier with out gary in the car suddenly janking on the hand brake randomly half way thro the corner not expecting it seriously didnt help gaz lol
but fun tho
Old 31 March 2008, 05:44 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

It was fun watching you progress as the day went on. In the dry I was all over you in my DIESEL but when it turned wet you were easily quicker, apart from your over-exuberance spinning you off all the time Ultimately Simon and I wondered where you'd gone, and then we stumbled upon you side on with a tire bail looking worse for wear nearby

Kee p off the handbrake, that's for novices, idiots, and Vicky Broadbeam-Harvester.
Old 31 March 2008, 07:10 PM
TitaniumDanny
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by corradoboy
It was fun watching you progress as the day went on. In the dry I was all over you in my DIESEL but when it turned wet you were easily quicker, apart from your over-exuberance spinning you off all the time Ultimately Simon and I wondered where you'd gone, and then we stumbled upon you side on with a tire bail looking worse for wear nearby

Kee p off the handbrake, that's for novices, idiots, and Vicky Broadbeam-Harvester.
lol i wouldnt have said worse for wear, was just rather concerned about the damage from hitting the bag as it made an ALMIGHTY thud and i felt it, but was very relieved when sure the damage how little it was thankfully, ill honestly put my hands up n say yes i was trying use hand brake but only on the first large hairpin "why not, only safe place try it, i deffo aint gonna try it on public roads !!" and it was hard getting that back end out it was just glued behind ya but that spectacular spin i did into the bag wasnt cuz if tryin hand brake at all just needed put foot down there get it out every so slightly for a perfect long slide but cuz i was trying to counter-act the larger time delay of power from the automat gear box and hitting the power earlier as coming out of that second chicane,which i had exacuted perfectly many many time before throught the earlier day but that time the power came on before hit that change in surface n had a slide on beofre i hit it, so once the surface changed it just went and there was no going back. the most damage done was just pide tho lol
im just trying desperately find a job now to fuel this habbit and addiction, and a manual scooby, lucky theres a great place near me to get one, just need £2.500
will be really looking forward to the next time, just hope i can get a car and money by then
Old 31 March 2008, 10:35 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Sounds like someone had fun then....
I managed to scuff a bit of paint, pesky tyres !
My Wan-Li's seem to be un-scathed ! ! ! Somehow, I'll be using them in 2015 at this rate !

DunxC
Old 01 April 2008, 07:33 AM
Princess on board
Scooby Regular

A big thanks Dunx for letting me take yours down, it was lovely to drive
Old 01 April 2008, 09:33 AM
dunx
Scooby Senior

I thank you for taking me to collect the bits of my car LOL !

Next time you will have to "drift" it !

Duncan