Notices
West Yorkshire Impreza Owners Club (WYIOC) The official dedicated forum for West Yorkshire Impreza Owners Club.

joining & stuff

Search this Thread

Old 12 April 2007, 12:40 PM
r1gixer1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default joining & stuff

hi,[another novel]
how do i go on about joining? proper like.
i work nights on shifts so can`t get to a lot of the jap/scooby club meets but i`ll go when i can/am awake. we go to the caf quite a lot on other days[car and bikes] so if anyone feels like going any other time....
saw a few of you bank hol monday afternoon at stourton when i was on my way to work[b*s*a*d*]!!!

booked holiday to take part in scooby shootout, paid up but not received ticket yet and will probably get to nostell.
depends on shifts for monthly meets etc.

tried to upload some pics with the new wheels on[they are soooo gorgeous i kept them in the bedroom the first night!!] but it wont upload. tried the update my scooby section three times. any ideas.

i now have 4x standard 17" sti alloys for 05`model onwards with 4x bridgestone stick like **** to a blankets! 3 wheels as new one with 2 small scuffs which we both deny responsibility for off course. tyres done about 5k so about half tread left i reckon. any one interested/wot are they worth or should i save em for the ring etc.

thinking of investing[and i mean investing,christ] in some zymol wax. my mate did my boot for me with about twenty quids worth of his and the finish was amazing but the cost is just as amazing.any thoughts?

bye for now.
Old 12 April 2007, 01:52 PM
MARK-SPARK
Scooby Regular

Photos you will need to reduce the file size of your pictures of car, I had same problem but reduce the file size of pictures and hey presto they will apperar like magic (mine are finally showing in view my scooby)
Old 12 April 2007, 02:47 PM
r1gixer1
Scooby Regular

nice car mate.why is it in the hedgerow did you miss the corner!!

how do you reduce the file size.
Old 12 April 2007, 03:34 PM
MARK-SPARK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by r1gixer1
nice car mate.why is it in the hedgerow did you miss the corner!!

how do you reduce the file size.
I use the canon software I received with my camera, There are other ways of reducing file size and I am sure somebody will be along and give you the other ways of doing it. In my canon software there is a option for reducing the file size for web and email, I then save the new picture to a new folder and upload my pictures from there.

As for the hedgerow my sat nav put me there
Old 12 April 2007, 06:00 PM
r1gixer1
Scooby Regular

ah,the old sat nav excuse.

cheers for the tip i`ll have a go.
Old 12 April 2007, 09:26 PM
Sticky Stuff
Scooby Regular

Location: ShyTot graphics Location: Squires Bar Location: Wakecastlefract

It's just occurred to me that nobody's actually answered your question(s), so I'll have a go...

To join (all proper like) just turn up at an EOM meet and see how you like it, and then if you do, have a word with Al (important looking really, really old guy with a funny accent) and he'll tell you what to do next.

IIRC, the next 'official' subs time is in July, but I could be corrected on this...

Benefits? Well, you get a nice few stickers for your car, preferential parking (where available) and free food and drinks at the big 5(6?) events (including SSO & Nostell) which we attend as a club (Worth well over the membership price alone) and a nice warm feeling that can only be associated with being in the best Scooby club in the county, country, continent, world, etc.

Wheels? Can't help you myself, sorry

Zymol? Try Meguiars first. You might be pleasantly surprised
Old 13 April 2007, 12:37 AM
Alan C
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Sticky Stuff
...have a word with Al (important looking really, really old guy with a funny accent) and he'll tell you what to do next.
It appears the membership secretary is doing what we pay him those film star wages for... Nice one..

You can't miss me mate as I'll be the one giving Sticky a stern lecture on respect for elders... But I'll let him off this once because he got in a good compliment to counter the negatives...

I'll be more than happy to chat about the details.. but Sticky has it nailed.. apart from the fact that we're still taking subs.. but they are at the full yearly price until the July when they go down 10 whole pounds for the remaining 6 months...