Notices
West Yorkshire Impreza Owners Club (WYIOC) The official dedicated forum for West Yorkshire Impreza Owners Club.

new boy

Search this Thread

Old 03 April 2007, 01:17 PM
r1gixer1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up new boy

hi, first time i have ever been on a forum type thing. not usualy into clubs and stuff but have seen one or two of you at sherburn and you dont seem too up your own a..*.!! so thought i`d introduce myself properly.
i hope this is the correct place to do it,sorry if i`ve cocked up i`m no computer wiz by any stretch.
my name is andy, i am 43.trace my partner and i have been into bikes for years and are regulars at squires which is where we started noticing the odd scoob showing up. currently got an R6 and a ewan mcjedi bmw.
got a scoobie in sept last year, an 04 model.took a big risk and bought it off ebay thinking of running it for a few months and then selling it on but fell in love with the vicous brute of a thing.i had a mondeo st220 which i thought was quick but bloody hell.
did`nt know anything about scoobies so when i heard a noise like someone was trying to get out of the boot i took it to all the local garages and was told it was the dif and all kinds of things until someone told me about the scoobyclinic.
as soon as i described the knocking noise the guy said it was the rear shocks and after scaring me with prices for sorting it suggested i take it to a dealer and try and get it done under warranty.
amazingly they said yes but the 30k service had been missed so i had to have that done.[bloody 500quid ouch!]
was bitten by the scoobie bug though so after many sleepless nights wondering if i was doing the right thing[it skint us] we became the very proud owners of a black 06 2.5 sti.
although chuffed to bits i was a bit disapointed with it compared to the 2.0ltr sti, it felt bigger and not as exiting so the credit cards got maxed out again and on went a miltek exhaust supplied and fitted very well by pumaspeed in wakey. sounded more how scoobies should but everytime i went over 4000rpm it cut out.i was nearly in tears wondering what i`d done, all that money down the the pan.pumaspeed did`nt really know what was wrong.
so with them being so helpfull before i took it to the scoobyclinic and after spending a day wandering round their "facility" and handing over more vast sums of money that i did`nt have they sorted it and i have ended up with even more than i was hoping for.
she`s a beast[the scoobie] and i`m truly deeply in love but the illness has taken over,visa have kindly agreed to take me even more firmly by the trossachs and a shiny new set of 18" anthracite pff7`s shod with 235/40x18 goodyear gsd3`s should be arriving on wednesday.
have i made the right tyre choice guys?
i was complaining about the understeer when i was at the scoobyclinic and they had some thoughts but although trace understands my illness even she is running out of patience with me so i might have to sell the R6 to fund any further mods before our trip to the nurburgring in sept.
it will be my fourth visit twice on bikes and the second time in a car. i can definatly reccomend it to anyone who has`nt been. the place gets in the blood just like scoobies do[ha!].

anyway i`ve prattled on two long.sorry for the bad grammar and spelling mistakes or if i have put this in the wrong place.we are off to the caf tonight[i think its jap night] so come and say hello if you see us.

regards andy.

p.s also entered the scooby shootout on 29th may.thought it would be a laugh.
Old 03 April 2007, 01:29 PM
Sticky Stuff
Scooby Regular

Location: ShyTot graphics Location: Squires Bar Location: Wakecastlefract

WOW!

Pretty damned good first post there Andy

I'll be a little more brief and just say welcome, and maybe see you tonight (But I'll be off by 8:30, can't miss Life on Mars
Old 03 April 2007, 02:43 PM
Princess on board
Scooby Regular

Welcome to our friendly home....

will be there tonight to say Hi
Old 03 April 2007, 05:25 PM
skywalker23
Scooby Regular

I'm not up my own **** at all .....at least i think i'm not

Welcome though...

Last edited by skywalker23; 03 April 2007 at 05:28 PM.
Old 03 April 2007, 05:29 PM
MickWrx
Scooby Regular

Location: Wset Yroksrhie posts: 82,555 - total _____ Avg monthly

Welcome Andy one of, if not the best opener I have ever seen on here, hats off to you mate, feel like I know you already.

The road to moddington is long and expensive mate, I think most of us have been there are, or still on there, good to here you got the 2.5 running as you like mate too. I always thought the 2.0 was more than enough and the 2.5 sti does need breathing on before it feels as as fast, but as said you got there mate.

Hopfully see you tonight mate.

Last edited by MickWrx; 03 April 2007 at 05:32 PM.
Old 03 April 2007, 05:46 PM
BRI STI
Scooby Regular

That sounds just like me.. See you tonight mate
Old 03 April 2007, 07:51 PM
wrx300scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Welcome Andy
Old 03 April 2007, 08:03 PM
DaveSTI350
Scooby Regular

Location: In an East Yorkshire Pub somewhere....squires Milk Bar.

Yes mate great introduction... and welcome
Old 03 April 2007, 08:54 PM
theboy
Scooby Regular

Welcome another biker BRI STI is also a biker but he does it on a bike thats comfy. If you need crash protectors or bobbins for the paddock stands i am your man
Old 03 April 2007, 08:57 PM
Alan C
Scooby Regular

Hi Andy... I remember the chat

Glad you made it across mate.. I appear to have sold the mad house quite well

Did the remap sort the misfire or was it something else??

Hope you manage to stay around on the site and we see a lot more of you down at Squires.. Have a look around and get along to any of the doo's, runs or meets and you'll fit right in...
Old 03 April 2007, 10:46 PM
r1gixer1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Alan C
Hi Andy... I remember the chat

Glad you made it across mate.. I appear to have sold the mad house quite well

Did the remap sort the misfire or was it something else??

Hope you manage to stay around on the site and we see a lot more of you down at Squires.. Have a look around and get along to any of the doo's, runs or meets and you'll fit right in...

we`ll be around for sure.
no more misfire and plenty enough power[for now!]well happy.