Notices
West Yorkshire Impreza Owners Club (WYIOC) The official dedicated forum for West Yorkshire Impreza Owners Club.

:: :: :: Bly7on Blast - April 21st :: :: ::

Search this Thread

Old 27 February 2007, 11:50 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default :: :: :: Bly7on Blast - April 21st :: :: ::

I do hope this isn't getting boring but it's time for our 7th outing at Rallydrive

More of this...

...a little...

....some tyre-shredding...

...and not forgetting the famous WYIOC BBQ...

The event is on Saturday the 21st of April 2007

To give you an idea what to expect....
Video of Paul going a bit mad
Video of Simon trying to kill Sticky
Video of DRY LAP
Video of DAMP (scary) LAP
Video of Dazza's overexhuberance
Video of Sticky's overexhuberance
Simon's big video
Many pics also HERE HERE and HERE and some vids HERE, HERE, HERE and HERE

The Venue

Rallydrive is 10 miles south of Scnuthorpe just outside the village of Blyton, and is sited on a disused WWII airfield in the middle of a cornfield. As it is not a pure racing track in the mould of Donnington or Oulton, the surface is a little rough and there are some potholes (imagine TopGears track). The circuit itself has been set up to challenge the balance and handling of the professional racing and rally teams whom use it as a test facility, and so provides plenty of fun on its 1 1/4 mile lap.

Schedule

The venue will be ours for the whole day from our arrival at (hopefully ) 8.30am to sometime around 4.30pm, allowing plenty of track time for everybody. We will continue with our successful 4-5 token system with 4-5 cars on track at a time. Previous experience shows that most people do 3-6 laps (5-10 minutes) and then come off for a breather so everyone should get as much time as they want.

Facilities

Facilities are somewhat spartan so it's recommended that you bring your own refreshments, picnic chairs & tables and prepare for any bad weather we may have (let's hope for some rain ). I'm sure the WYIOC gayzebo will be making an appearance, along with one (or more) BBQ's

Don't forget your sausages, burgers and rolls for the BBQ

Costs

As before, this is a non-profit event organised purely for the fun and enjoyment of Scooby and other performance car owners, and the costs are to be shared equally and hence the price cannot be finalised until the day when we know exactly how many are there. As an example, if we have...
20 cars it will be £40,
25 cars is £35,
30 cars £30.

As last time, may I respectfully request that a deposit of £20 be paid to secure places as soon as possible. If there is insufficient interest by a certain date the event could be cancelled.

You can PayPal your deposit to my account at davidwatsonok@yahoo.com, but please send £21 to cover fees (3.4%+0.20p).
Hand £20 to me whenever you see me, but back this up with a PM to remind me.
Send cheques for £20 to...

FAO David Watson,
169 Ring Road,
Farnley,
Leeds,
LS12 5LU.
Thieving scum please note there are no decent cars at this address

Your place will not be confirmed until a deposit has been received, and should there be more than 30 cars you may not get on track on the day should you not confirm by deposit.

Additional drivers to each car shall be £10 each, pay on day.
Spectators shall be charged at £5 each (under 16's free), pay on day.
There will be a voluntary charity collection on the day too.

Maximum 35 cars for the track

Tuition

Tuition will be available hopefully from the venue owner Howard Patterson, who has been an international rally driver competing succesfully for over 30 years. Many of the guys have had tuition from him or his staff in the past and will confirm its merits to anyone interested. The cost is £150, shared equally between those involved. I need to ascertain numbers for this so I can book a tutor in good time so please voice your interest ASAP.

Getting there

The WYIOC will meet at 7am at the Trading Post. (Leeds Scoobs meet at 6.40am at The Brickworks, Driglington).
We will then meet up with others at 7.30am at Ferrybridge Services on the M62 to group up for a convoy to the venue.

And on to Blyton...
The route takes us along the M62 east to J35, M18 south to J5, M180 east to J3 then right onto the A18, right onto the A159 and down to the Optimax station. Then straight down to Blyton and left onto the B1205.

Green route (not pink)

SAFETY

Last but foremost in everybodies minds must be safety. On track we run 4-5 cars at a time with NO OVERTAKING. Any measurement of abilitiy will be done with a stopwatch. In the pit area everyone MUST observe a strict 5 mph limit and 10mph on the support roads. There will be people, and possibly children walking around the paddock area. Anyone thought to be endangering safety shall have a single warning, then be asked to leave the premises with no refund. Thankfully it has never come close to this, and I doubt it ever will.

Helmets must be worn by anyone in a vehicle on track (including Scott), driver or passenger, so if you have your own it is advised you bring it, otherwise Rallydrive have a selection of sweaty used ones to lend us for the day.

As much fun as it was last time we must be a little more reserved and respectful this time, therefore I must insist no quads, minimoto's, mx bikes and especially no drifting 22 tonners through the hairpin

Spectating shall be from the raised embankment only with no track access. A small group of people will be allowed to venture into the infield for photography, all wearing hi-vis jackets and respecting safety at all times. Children are welcome as always, but must be accompanied by an adult at all times.

Legal Bit

Your payments will be made directly to Rallydrive, and you will be asked to sign a disclaimer fully accepting that you understand the dangers of driving in an unrestricted area and that you accept full liability for your own actions and any consequencies resulting. Your contract of sale shall be with Rallydrive. By accepting to attend this event you also accept these terms and conditions. You must fully accept that it is your own responsibility if you choose to attend this event. Your own safety and the care of your property remains your own concern and no liability for loss, damage or injury can be held by any other attendee, or member of the WYIOC. If this is not agreeable, do not come.

Further to this statement, a recent court ruling following an accident at a trackday found that any individual attending and participating in such events fully understands the dangers and potential serious consequences associated and must therefore fully accept responsibility for their own actions and any resulting damage, costs or injury.

As organizer I reserve the right to request that the attending Rallydrive official asks anyone causing danger or offense to anyone to leave. No refunds will be given in this instance.

A little note to our newer members and those who've never attended this event before

People are often a bit scared of trackdays, and rightly so. Motorsport is dangerous and should be treated with all relevant safety precautions and huge amounts of common sense. At this event we aim to have fun with our cars but in as much safety as possible. This is why we limit the number of cars on track and insist on NO OVERTAKING. Whereas on other trackdays it is a free-for-all with people often loosing it and collecting others in their mistake, we make sure you have your own space to explore your car and your potential to the limits of your and its ability, or to whatever level you wish, safe in your own space on track. There is no pressure to set or maintain speeds which may be uncomfortable to you or dangerous. In fact, I have said this before but it is much more dangerous following me over Strines than enjoying this day. There is plenty of time available throughout the whole day so you can build your confidence and speed progressively, and even benefit from the valuable and excellent tuition which has often been available from the professional racing drivers at the circuit. The ones whom are wary and reticent about going are usually the ones who enjoy the day the most. Just ask Barry Please come along and enjoy what is probably the best event for the WYIOC of the year, and one in which you can take part instead of just watch. Superb fun at a fantastic price.

Last edited by corradoboy; 22 July 2007 at 08:41 PM.
Old 27 February 2007, 11:50 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

The Main List Deposit must be payed to confirm place - MAX 35 PLACES
Cost of track rental shared equally

1. CB
2. DazzaSTi
3. DazWRSport
4. Sticky
5. MARKSPARK
6. PaulCrafts
7. Stuart148 (LeeDT's deposit)
8. DazzaSTi 2
9. Simon (whitescooby)
10. Red Man
11. Scooby Drew
12. Mark (s3emo123)
13. C8 DHC 04WRX
14. steve jackson
15. Celox Performance (Adam)
16. Scott (skywalker23)
17. Peter Higham
18. BRI STI
19. JB24
20. AndyS
21. DaveSTi350
22. Chris Greenall
23. Matt *
24. ChrisEvo

Interested You stay here until the £20 deposit is received

1. Dunx
2. Smilbertilgy
3. Evo Glen
4. zaxs1973
5. carl555DBM
6. JonC
7. Ray Harrison (JonC's mate)

Additional Drivers £10

1. Scooby Drew's mate
2. POB

Tuition £150 shared equally

1. POB ??

Spectating £5

1. Stretch (DazWRS)

As before, I will keep this list up to date. No need to copy and paste, just express your interest and leave the list to me.

Last edited by corradoboy; 18 April 2007 at 09:12 PM.
Old 27 February 2007, 11:59 PM
white scooby
Scooby Senior

I'll be in for this
Old 28 February 2007, 06:42 AM
Daz-WRSport
Scooby Regular

Yes me too I'll be round this weekend with a nice crisp 20

Can't wait

BTW are passengers counted as spectators?

Last edited by Daz-WRSport; 28 February 2007 at 06:45 AM.
Old 28 February 2007, 02:29 PM
ADY 555
Scooby Regular

I'm tempted to come along in my L200 because the track dosn't look fit enough for anything else, well i wouldn't put my scoob around that track anyway.
Old 28 February 2007, 04:10 PM
Alan C
Scooby Regular

Ady. We've never said this is Silverstone smooth. In fact we've gone out of our way to say it can be a little rough on tyres if you drive hard...

The tracks (as there's a skid pan and two long dirt tracks) are used for Rally car proving.. it is sold as such and not as a fast road circuit. So you can't find a better place to test a Rally car...

This is our 7th one and into our 4th year and everyone has simply a stunning day because of the way we run it and down to the fact that it is a demanding little bugger.... and for about £30.. you'd be hard pushed to find a track day that offers better value.. The low price reflects the circuit to some degree, but of the 220 + people who've done the day, I'd confidently say they've all had a good time..

The smart thing to do is buy a cheap set of used wheels and tyres and just let rip... You'll still save a packet

Last edited by Alan C; 28 February 2007 at 04:27 PM.
Old 28 February 2007, 04:19 PM
stuart148
Scooby Regular

^^^^ well said alan ^^^^

stu
Old 28 February 2007, 04:30 PM
Kev_turbo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ADY 555
I'm tempted to come along in my L200 because the track dosn't look fit enough for anything else, well i wouldn't put my scoob around that track anyway.
Please with-hold comments like this unless you have been. Yes it is a partially concrete track (ex airfield) but it is in better condition than most of the roads in Kirklees. Dazza took his Atom on the track without any issues so the circuit isn't just suited to the 4wd rally bred stuff.

If you want silverstone smooth then pay for silverstone, if you want a fun, fast, drift filled day then pay your £30 and if you are really worried get a second hand set of wheels for the day - you will still pay less than a full silverstone day.
Old 28 February 2007, 04:37 PM
ADY 555
Scooby Regular

Blimey, calm down, it might be a cheap track and i'm sure you all enjoy it but i only said i wouldn't put my scoob around it.

And stuart, is that your best comment on the subject?

Ady.
Old 28 February 2007, 04:42 PM
Alan C
Scooby Regular

You also said it wasn't 'fit enough' for anything other than your L200... calling into question the judgment of 220 odd people..

We're trying to point out that it is...and assuage your negative comment about the track itself as we're simply asking for people to sign up..

I'd forgotten about the Atom...

Not sure if the dig at Stu's support was necessary?

Last edited by Alan C; 28 February 2007 at 04:46 PM.
Old 28 February 2007, 04:50 PM
stuart148
Scooby Regular

well ady what do you want me to say,,,all i said was "well said alan"

if you think its to bad for you subaru ,,dont come ,,,dont think you will be missed,,,,do you

how was that ???

stu
Old 28 February 2007, 04:53 PM
ADY 555
Scooby Regular

Look i'm not trying to get into an argument here, i was just watching the video of the track and thought the track was a bit rough for my pride and joy and for £30 you can't go wrong unless you knacker your car like a few have proberbly done just like they do on many other tracks. And as for the dig at stuart, his comment wasn't really nessesary, so can i bring my truck or what?
Old 28 February 2007, 05:01 PM
stuart148
Scooby Regular

yes mate your more than welcome,,in your subaru

stu

Last edited by stuart148; 28 February 2007 at 05:26 PM.
Old 28 February 2007, 05:25 PM
MickWrx
Scooby Regular

Location: Wset Yroksrhie posts: 82,555 - total _____ Avg monthly

Ady, Its just a Subaru not a sheet of glass and no you can't bring your truck just to clarify, well if you do i'll bring my Ranger Wildtrack

Mine was the yellow one, my pride and joy in everyway imaculate and actually unique!! I took it to blyton every time and would to every other event CB organised there.

Its a superb track and calls for an element of skill as do most tracks to get around quickly.

Last edited by MickWrx; 28 February 2007 at 05:32 PM.
Old 28 February 2007, 06:06 PM
MARK-SPARK
Scooby Regular

Will go if I can swap my day off at work as I am scheduled to work on this date, will see if somebody at work will swap dates with me.
Old 28 February 2007, 06:25 PM
DaveSTI350
Scooby Regular

Location: In an East Yorkshire Pub somewhere....squires Milk Bar.

Originally Posted by ADY 555
Blimey, calm down, it might be a cheap track and i'm sure you all enjoy it but i only said i wouldn't put my scoob around it.

And stuart, is that your best comment on the subject?

Ady.

I will be taking my06. scoob round. it is a great day out, and. Dave does a very good job. and its no harder surface than elvington, i did all four tyres at the last elvington. and will probaly do all four new one`s at blyton but so what is that not what its all about HAVING FUN
Old 28 February 2007, 06:52 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

The list on Post #2 has now been updated with all the names from the previous thread whom showed interest. Please keep me informed if your situation changes.

Looking forward to another superb day
Old 28 February 2007, 07:25 PM
Alan C
Scooby Regular

Ady.. we wouldn't accept non track or road cars that weren't there for the sole purpose of making full use of them.

Yes, you can use a L200 to the full, but we've had non 'performance' cars that came to a sticky end (yes, like other tracks) because the owner drove beyond the vehicles limited capabilities...

It is a Grey area / line.. but a utility vehicle is way over that line..
Old 28 February 2007, 07:28 PM
DaveSTI350
Scooby Regular

^^^ ^^^
Old 28 February 2007, 07:36 PM
Alan C
Scooby Regular

22 toners are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ay over the line and therefore allowed...

Well.. I'm not going to stand there holding my hand up and ending up in your tyre tread...going 'snick' 'ouch' 'snick' 'ouch' 'snick' 'ouch..'

BTW.. a battered old Sierra being driven to the full is a track car.. I'm not going to get in to this agrument!!!

Old 28 February 2007, 07:39 PM
PAUL CRAFTS
Scooby Regular

Me me,but not in the Scoob.. .
Old 28 February 2007, 07:50 PM
DaveSTI350
Scooby Regular

26tonner!!!!!! got 5 take your pick... but mines the 420 volvo. all the rest are 380 scanias. volvos got low profiles on it 315/80.
Old 28 February 2007, 08:46 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Wasn't there a pic somewhere of you drifting Dave
Old 01 March 2007, 07:26 AM
ADY 555
Scooby Regular

Ok chaps i know when i'm not wanted, have a great day out
Old 01 March 2007, 10:15 AM
Dazza's-STi
Scooby Regular

Add me pls Dave...
Paid the £21 also...
Ta Daz
File Type To/From Name/Email/Phone Date Status Details Action Amount Fee
Payment To David Watson 1 Mar. 2007 Completed Details -£21.00 GBP £0.00 GBP
Old 01 March 2007, 09:40 PM
Scooby_drew
Scooby Regular

Count me in please plus one additional driver.

Attended last year and cant wait to do it again

Also is it possible for some of our non scooby customers to attend, have had interest (will confirm soon ) but we could also be bringing (if enough room) one of our customers nissan sykline R33 GTS and another cust in his EVO FQ320. Not 100% but said i would ask re availability
Old 01 March 2007, 10:00 PM
Alan C
Scooby Regular

Drew.. It's unlikely that all places will be filled by WYIOC members.. Who will get first come first served places... so getting in early, there's a good chance that Dave can fit them on at the end... You just need to get them confirmed and paid up as there's 21 interested already...

Would be good to see a Skyline..

Last edited by Alan C; 01 March 2007 at 10:03 PM.
Old 04 March 2007, 06:23 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Old 05 March 2007, 05:29 PM
PAUL CRAFTS
Scooby Regular

Yes please me me me...thanks...
Old 06 March 2007, 12:55 AM
JAKbauer24
Former Sponsor

IT'S THAT TIME AGAIN ..........

Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me Me

Quick Reply: :: :: :: Bly7on Blast - April 21st :: :: ::