Notices
West Yorkshire Impreza Owners Club (WYIOC) The official dedicated forum for West Yorkshire Impreza Owners Club.

Shell Osset - Possible Over Charging Issues

Search this Thread

Old 08 January 2007, 12:53 AM
Alan C
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shell Osset - Possible Over Charging Issues

It's been brought to my attention that a WYIOC member filled up at the Shell Ossett / M1 the other night.

He went in, filled up, went home and realised he'd also been extra charged for a packet of 10 Cigarettes and a bottle of Red Bull - about 3-4 quid on top of fuel.

He went back and the lad who'd served him wasn't there but a young lass was. She accepted it straight away and paid him back in cash as she couldn't come up with the transaction on the computer.

She said she was getting fed up him doing things like that and he was a pain in the neck. So we wonder how many more he's done it to?

If you go there, keep an eye on your receipts and question it immediately. The lad in question is possibly Asian and mid twenties or a bit older with shortish hair.

If this happens to you, post here and I'll inorm Shell...
Old 08 January 2007, 01:08 AM
JAKbauer24
Former Sponsor

Bri.Sti mentioned something about a total near him (seacroft) but thats a swipe scan..... not good.... Maybe worth speaking to the manager in the shell garage
Old 08 January 2007, 09:12 AM
sherburn spen
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JAKbauer24
Bri.Sti mentioned something about a total near him (seacroft) but thats a swipe scan..... not good.... Maybe worth speaking to the manager in the shell garage
dont think that one is there anymore now a car wash place
Old 08 January 2007, 10:41 AM
P20SPD
Drag it!

Correct, it is a car wash place now.

I have had someone at Shell at Ossett do that to me a few years ago, fortunately i spotted it before i signed, never thought owt of it at the time.
Old 08 January 2007, 12:27 PM
scg
Scooby Regular

Whilst we're ranting about Shell can I rant about the one on Kirkstall Rd?

I recently got £20 in vouchers thanks to the many thousands of pounds I put their way. Stuck about £40 of juice in and went to pay with me vouchers and me mastercard.

Shell bloke "Oh no, can't do that that"
scg "Why not"
Shell bloke "2 seperate transactions"
scg "eh?"
Shell bloke "You're trying to do 2 seperate things"
scg "no I'm not"
Shell bloke ...rants away
scg "When I go into HMV and buy something for 40 quid and use 20 quid of vouchers they don't say no you can't do that do they"
Shell bloke "Don't care not possible"
scg "So you're basically saying that the only time I can use my vouchers is if I get exactly 20 quids worth of petrol"
Shell "Yes or it's 2 transactions"
scg "So if I'm filling it up trying to put 20 quid in and it goes over a penny then I can't pay for it"
Shell "oh we'd let you off a penny"
scg "and if it's more"
Shell "no, 2 transactions. not possible"

The basic issue was one of 2 things 1) He didn't know how to use the till for vouchers 2) He couldn't be arsed sending the vouchers off.

Went to the one in Morley and low and behold accepted vouchers and credit card together no problem

Therefore money to be spent at Kirkstall Rd in future, Zero pounds, Zero pence
Old 08 January 2007, 12:48 PM
Sticky Stuff
Scooby Regular

Location: ShyTot graphics Location: Squires Bar Location: Wakecastlefract

Originally Posted by scg
Zero pounds, Zero pence

But that'd be two transactions...
Old 08 January 2007, 07:25 PM
BRI STI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sherburn spen
dont think that one is there anymore now a car wash place
NO not that one its the one opposite halfords and burger king and cop shop got my mam for £2000 and my sister for £200 Quid 300 halifax customers from xgates branch got wiped out to as well as barclays customers the baaaarstards were taking the money from atm machines in thailand.

Last edited by BRI STI; 08 January 2007 at 07:31 PM.
Old 09 January 2007, 12:39 PM
bgood
Scooby Regular

Hmmmmmmm, very interesting

Now I haven't been to the Shell in Ossett for quite a while now but I went there rather a lot in the past and I got a call this week from my CC ompany querying some transactions.

Seems like I'd gone holiday mad and had booked a load of flights, about £2000 worth - not bloody likely
Old 09 January 2007, 02:53 PM
ADY 555
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Alan C
It's been brought to my attention that a WYIOC member filled up at the Shell Ossett / M1 the other night.

He went in, filled up, went home and realised he'd also been extra charged for a packet of 10 Cigarettes and a bottle of Red Bull - about 3-4 quid on top of fuel.

He went back and the lad who'd served him wasn't there but a young lass was. She accepted it straight away and paid him back in cash as she couldn't come up with the transaction on the computer.

She said she was getting fed up him doing things like that and he was a pain in the neck. So we wonder how many more he's done it to?

If you go there, keep an eye on your receipts and question it immediately. The lad in question is possibly Asian and mid twenties or a bit older with shortish hair.

If this happens to you, post here and I'll inorm Shell...
Isn't it time they sacked him then? i would of by now if he worked for me.
Old 09 January 2007, 07:28 PM
MSM
Scooby Regular

i agree - but report him to pc plod first as this looks like a clear case of theft/fraud. i have used this garage for the last few months but paid with my company credit card so i have not really checked the receipts. i,ll get the accounts to have a look at these first thing tomorrow!