Notices
West Yorkshire Impreza Owners Club (WYIOC) The official dedicated forum for West Yorkshire Impreza Owners Club.

WYIOC Website...

Search this Thread

Old 11 April 2006, 01:31 PM
Alan C
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WYIOC Website...

I've secured the website and will be paying for a hoster very soon. Once this is done and Maddy has moved the URL across then we just need a front page....

Anyone a dab hand at designing and want a stab at knocking something together??? There's a few proffesisonal type people who we can pay, but I thought it wise to save money and see if we have anyone who can put a basic, but decent looking few pages together...

Nothing too fancy, just a few Intro pages, Cars, Biogs and a small area to host Photos and the odd video.... No major bulletin board as we'll continue to use SNET, but just a news section or simple post area for updates...

If no one steps up, then I'll be forced to blow the dust of my dreamweaver books and get cracking...
Old 11 April 2006, 02:21 PM
spufus
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Alan C
I've secured the website and will be paying for a hoster very soon. Once this is done and Maddy has moved the URL across then we just need a front page....

Anyone a dab hand at designing and want a stab at knocking something together??? There's a few proffesisonal type people who we can pay, but I thought it wise to save money and see if we have anyone who can put a basic, but decent looking few pages together...

Nothing too fancy, just a few Intro pages, Cars, Biogs and a small area to host Photos and the odd video.... No major bulletin board as we'll continue to use SNET, but just a news section or simple post area for updates...

If no one steps up, then I'll be forced to blow the dust of my dreamweaver books and get cracking...
I'll be up for that Alan.

I've got a server in the US with cheeeep hosting too.

Let me know.

Ta

Dean
Old 11 April 2006, 07:05 PM
Alan C
Scooby Regular

Dean. Nice one

Can you PM me the Hosting details & costs please mate and if you have any links to sites you've done (type-ra.co.uk ???) then that will be great..

We won't get a great many hits, maybe a few hundred a month, so we probably need around 1 Gig of space and a decent BandWidth to support the pics and odd video..

I also wanted no intrusive adverts... though we'll probably advertise the various members businesses... if all's well and we're happy with the deal, then we can go for it straight away if I get an IP address...

I also had someone from SNET PM me their US server details (which I've lost). Stuart I think his name was, are you from the same outfit?

Al.
Old 11 April 2006, 07:18 PM
MadGrip
Scooby Regular

as always Al, if I can help out with space , building & hosting then I'll do what I can
Old 11 April 2006, 07:22 PM
Alan C
Scooby Regular

Thanks mate.. I immediately thought of you, but aren't you limited to Freespace type hosting or us 'piggy backing' off Performance.net??

Maybe it's me, but I thought we'd need to have a 'full' hoster if we neded the BW & advert free site???

PM me if I've got it wrong.....
Old 11 April 2006, 08:12 PM
MadGrip
Scooby Regular

you've got it wrong

PM'd