Notices
West Yorkshire Impreza Owners Club (WYIOC) The official dedicated forum for West Yorkshire Impreza Owners Club.

MAC's The Way Forward...

Search this Thread

Old 20 January 2006, 10:39 PM
Alan C
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAC's The Way Forward...

.... No, I didn't think so.

Dave. Just for you.

http://www.dumpalink.com/media/11376...ever_Get_A_Mac
Old 20 January 2006, 11:08 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

I'd watch your link (although I think I've seen it before) but I am at work on a PC, and it won't connect to it If it did I wouldn't be able to hear it 'cos there's no soundcard and if there was it would probably need the driver updating, and then it would crash halfway through downloading it, and again at 3/4, again at 7/8, and then XP would fail to see it And even after all that the graphics card, accelerator, driver or codec would probably have expired or something

"It leaves Windows XP in the dust." Walt Mossberg, Wall Street Journal

And just wait and see the power of the new Intel based Macs HERE. If you can open your eyes long enough to see a bright, fast, reliable, userfriendly world....READ ON !

Always amazes me how easily PC owners are quick to dismiss Macs, having never used one and yet I use PC's frequently and so have a balanced viewpoint, enough to realise PC's are $h!te. It's like saying Ferrari's are better than Lambourghini's (sp?) having never even sat in one

A few more people's opinions...1, 2, 3.... I could go on

Last edited by corradoboy; 20 January 2006 at 11:26 PM.
Old 21 January 2006, 06:37 AM
Sticky Stuff
Scooby Regular

Location: ShyTot graphics Location: Squires Bar Location: Wakecastlefract

Al. We've been here before. Just let it lie
Old 21 January 2006, 07:46 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

I'm perfectly happy for Al to languish in mediocrity, frustration and disappointment. I my Mac, so much I'm gonna buy one of those nice new Intel models

BTW, now I'm home and on my Mac I can view the bl00dy link. Unlike the feckin Ł2k wnaksh!t PC I was using last night, that crashed 5 minutes after I posted and it took me an hour to reboot it back up The 9 Macs I used last night behaved faultlessly, even though our PC based IT manager has no idea how to run them and tries every trick in the book to break them, he fails, and they just keep on do-ing

Last edited by corradoboy; 21 January 2006 at 07:53 AM.
Old 21 January 2006, 03:51 PM
bgood
Scooby Regular

Talking

I think you boys are missing the point, it isn't about MAC's versus PC's, it's all about the operating system and that means to both of ya Linux rules!
Old 21 January 2006, 04:40 PM
Sticky Stuff
Scooby Regular

Is that made by Mitsubishi?
Old 22 January 2006, 06:00 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Why do I waste my time ridiculing Micro$h!te, when Bill Gates does it time...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...579422&q=crash

..and time...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...6254&q=windows

...and time again....

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...4791&q=windows

And his programming skills are second only to his recruitment skills...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...88&q=microsoft

Old 22 January 2006, 08:18 AM
Alan C
Scooby Regular

I feel like a kid who's poked a stick into a hole in a tree thinking there was only one wasp...

'Never underestimate the wrath of a MAC user scorned'
Old 22 January 2006, 04:37 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

You bring a comedy sketch, I show you the reality of the error of your ways. Those clips to me are like watching the founder of Ikea trying and failing to errect one of his own bedside cabinets Ever since he knicked the Mac OS in 1973, spoilt it by reworking it and then signed the agreement with IBM (his only truly masterful act in 33 years in computing ) he's been trying to play catch-up with Steve Jobs. Steve even took 10 years out of computing to entertain the world with his wonderful Pixar company, and even now only holds a minor roll in his own company yet still produces the most userfriendly, intuitive, stylish, desirable and comprehensively equiped machines. When you watch those wonderful animated movies, they were made on a Mac. When you gasp at the special effects in a blockbuster epic, they were done on a Mac. When you listen to your favourite album, it was mixed and edited on a Mac. When you sit and read your favourite magazine, it was designed and published on a Mac. When you get a letter from your bank wrongly telling you that you're overdrawn and imposing charges, it was probably fooked up on a PC.
Old 22 January 2006, 04:40 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

By the way, it's "Mac," not "MAC." "MAC," as any self-respecting geek knows, stands for "Media Access Contol." Did you know your PC has a MAC address?
Old 22 January 2006, 06:06 PM
bgood
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by corradoboy
Did you know your PC has a MAC address?
I did

I also know it's unique and in hexidecimal
Old 22 January 2006, 10:53 PM
Alan C
Scooby Regular

David.... Breathe.. In....... Out...... In.... Out... That's better.

There's too many Mac owners out there who make Al'Q operatives look like Nursery nannies. Waay to much need to justify the Mac's existance...

BTW. From a mac site. 'Pixar doesn't use Mac OS X for its rendering and other animation duties, at least not yet, but it seems clear that Mr. Jobs is determined to make Mac OS X right for his movie company, and other Hollywood studios as well.
Will we see RenderMan ported to Mac OS X? Renderman is Pixar's home-built animation tool that was used to develop all of the company's animated movies? The RenderMan® Artist Tools™ and RenderMan Toolkit™ are available on three popular platforms - IRIX, Linux, and Windows. - Note: This part is now incorrect as Renderman is now available for OS X. But it wasn't first choice surprisingly.

I could argue very well that the PC world is also full of Stylish, intuative, desirable etc etc kit... but that's all subjective and I don't need to justify why I use, work with and earn the money I do with Wintel / Linux / Cisco / Oracle etc.... No macs though.

But like the Evo / Scoob debate, these can be fun

Last edited by Alan C; 22 January 2006 at 10:58 PM.
Old 30 January 2006, 03:22 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Ooh, look who's a Mac fan....Clicky
Old 30 January 2006, 10:29 AM
Sticky Stuff
Scooby Regular

Old 22 February 2006, 01:07 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Alan C
Pixar doesn't use Mac OS X for its rendering and other animation duties, at least not yet, but it seems clear that Mr. Jobs is determined to make Mac OS X right for his movie company, and other Hollywood studios as well.
Will we see RenderMan ported to Mac OS X? Renderman is Pixar's home-built animation tool that was used to develop all of the company's animated movies? The RenderMan® Artist Tools™ and RenderMan Toolkit™ are available on three popular platforms - IRIX, Linux, and Windows. - Note: This part is now incorrect as Renderman is now available for OS X. But it wasn't first choice surprisingly.
Update....
Originally Posted by Mac World News
Pixar recruiting for strong OS X development experience 12:52PM
Pixar Animation Studios is looking to employ programmers with 'strong OS X application development experience' to develop new software for its animators.
The job advertisement calls for 'Mac software engineers [with] a deep understanding of software application engineering, an ability to collaborate in a cross-functional team of world-class developers, and skill in designing and implementing robust, easy to maintain code'.

Although Pixar, soon to be acquired by Disney, has strong Apple links through Steve Jobs, their shared CEO, its proprietary RenderMan rendering software is available for both OS X and Windows XP.

Whether the job ad means that it is planning Mac-only software, or whether the OS X emphasis simply means that it has all the Windows developers that it needs, remains to be seen.

You can find the job advert here.

Simon Aughton