Notices
West Mids Imprezas The Official Dedicated Forum For The West Mids Imprezas. A Charity Based Owners Club Based In & Around Birmingham / West Midlands.

Holes drilled in drive, nails wedged in

Search this Thread

Old 07 May 2011, 09:52 AM
blackcountryboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Holes drilled in drive, nails wedged in

first up i live in a small street with not much going on a few nosy old g'ts and only a few young familys with kids including ourselves.
over the last 2 months we have been getting a few punctures we have had 2 punctures in the wifes golf (both nails) and i have had 3 in my scoob (all nails).
couple of weeks ago i needed new tyres so 0121 got in touch to say he had some for sale so a little trip later and i had 4 new alloys with 4 very good toyo tyres a quick switch over for the prodrive meet all was sorted.
Monday evening we take a trip to my brothers house just as were leaving he shouts to stop, asking why he says theres a nail in my tyre (near side front) great i think, well its in the middle i can get it fixed. Next day i jack the car up remove the wheel f@ck me theres another bugger in it, same type of nail. Still at this point i dont think anything dodgy is going on just bad look!!!
Fast forward to yesterday, i use my scoob in the morning getting back about 12.30 i have to pop out again but the missis wants this new exhaust put on her car so its decided i use the golf and she takes the scoob to work. She leaves for work at 14.30 and i return about 15.30 back onto the drive and up on the ramps, exhaust changed i jump back in the car to start it to make sure its all good. Hang on a minute what that at the top of the drive i take a look theres a nail sticking straight up just where the path meets the drive i take the nail out and see straight away its the same type that i have had in all my tyres. Under closer examination some scum bag has drilled yes drilled a couple of holes at the top of the drive so the nails wedge in and are going no where until the cars driven over them!!!!
Now i havent seen anyone messing about at the top of the drive so first im going to ask the people opposite if they have seen anything, im trying to work out when its been done as the holes are hard to see at first glance and would take a few seconds bent down to spot them. im thinking its when both cars are gone as one appeared yesterday it could have been chance that when i backed onto the drive i just missed it or had i backed onto the drive then the person walked past and dropped the nail in but i was only in the house 5 mins which would make me think its someone close who can see whats going on.
The wife wants to get the police involved but i dont think they would be interested, is it kids?, p@ssed off neigbours? i dont know!! we keep ourselves to ourselves and the only people we talk to is is big farlz who lives about 10 doors up and he hasnt had any trouble yet, we do say hello to everyone but thats about it. i cant think off anybody i have p@ssed off!!
problem is how do i find out who it is?
Old 07 May 2011, 10:01 AM
Carlh
Scooby Regular

Get your PC wired up to a webcam and get freeware software to only record when there is movement. Get the ba5tards and then get the police involved. Get the culprits to pay for all the damage they have done, including to your driveway. scumbags.
Old 07 May 2011, 10:02 AM
blackcountryboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Carlh
Get your PC wired up to a webcam and get freeware software to only record when there is movement. Get the ba5tards and then get the police involved. Get the culprits to pay for all the damage they have done, including to your driveway. scumbags.
thought about webcam will look into the software, thanks mate
Old 07 May 2011, 10:03 AM
Carlh
Scooby Regular

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Interne...abMotion.shtml
Old 07 May 2011, 10:04 AM
imprezajon
Scooby Regular

get the police involved or get a camera set up and record the ******* in the act.u can pick 1 up from b&q for about £20/£30 . when u have enough evidence, small claims court and recover all the money u have spent on getting the tyres repaired and the damage to ur drive.

Last edited by imprezajon; 07 May 2011 at 10:08 AM.
Old 07 May 2011, 10:04 AM
Carlh
Scooby Regular

good luck bud! (I bet its one of the old fogies)
Old 07 May 2011, 10:16 AM
scooby kid
Scooby Regular

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Get a ****ing gun! lol
my friend had some trouble with someone kept egging his car every nite, so one nite he stayed in his other car next to it with an air riffle ready to get the ****ers! only problem was silly **** fell asleep and they egged both cars lol and legged it before he knew what was going on.

serious tho that is a police matter, what happens if you have a blow out at 70mph+ due to theses nails? its a big serious thing mate may aswell starting pissing around with your brakes, if you do catch them give them a bloody good kicking and make them pay for your replacment tyres

Last edited by scooby kid; 07 May 2011 at 10:17 AM.
Old 07 May 2011, 11:12 AM
scoobiesteve103
Scooby Regular

mate i feel for you,i cant believe there are w@nkers out there who would do that but imho your tyres are the least of your worrys. what if you, your other half or even kids had fell on one? the end result would not be happy but i really hope you catch these a$$holes
Old 07 May 2011, 11:32 AM
blackcountryboy
Scooby Regular

dont worry they will get a good kicking if i can catch em lol. serious though i think i will give the police a ring see if they can help
Old 07 May 2011, 11:40 AM
stuart148
Scooby Regular

cctv and bat springs to mind ;-)
Old 07 May 2011, 11:58 AM
ScoobyDoo69
Scooby Senior

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

If you do set up CCTV make sure you do it somewhere where they can't see the camera, or the setting up of the camera. Because they will probably stop if they see it, means a better chance of catching them.

Can't say I understand the though process of some people! Drilling holes in a drive to mount nails to get the owners tyres.. full on disgrace!
Old 07 May 2011, 11:59 AM
Ayde
Scooby Regular

Yeah, get CCTV but set it up discreetly if that's legal? Catch them in the act then get onto the police, maybe stick one of those CCTV stickers for security purposes stickers up once they are caught and before the police come to you? Surely it's a serious offence, lucky nobody has stood on one of the nails as well!

Ayde.
Old 07 May 2011, 02:40 PM
ScoobySteve69
Scooby Regular

I doubt the police would even be interested unfortunately.
Old 07 May 2011, 03:03 PM
shane_evans
Scooby Regular

With out the CCTV signage it cant be used as evidence so would be pointless putting cameras up for the benifit of taking to the police. But on flip side for catching them it is perfect.Putting up the signs might be enough to make them think twice.
Old 07 May 2011, 03:22 PM
Hammer man
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blackcountryboy
. Under closer examination some scum bag has drilled yes drilled a couple of holes at the top of the drive so the nails wedge in and are going no where until the cars driven over them!!!!

is it kids?, ?
Its big kids if it is. And as it seems to happen whilst your out, they should be at school.
Get your evidence first, Carl`s suggestion is spot-on. Then confront them asking for compensation and if they are arseh@les (I suspect they are), then go to the police with your evidence.
Old 07 May 2011, 03:24 PM
birchy2010
Scooby Regular

Just get some images of them and then organise a few friends to be near by if they keep trying it at the same time of night. Never know you might recognise them!
Old 07 May 2011, 04:51 PM
blackcountryboy
Scooby Regular

im pretty sure i will recognise them, i have asked the next door to keep an eye out to, will be setting a camera up tomorrow in our bedroom as it overlooks the drive perfect. i had this a few years back with my calibra, the kids in the street at the time they have all grown up now thought it was funny to walk down the street throwing stones at the car, one caught my side window and broke it!! luckily next door saw the lad throw the stone so a visit to the kids house and a threat of a bit of violence namely doing his dentist a favour and knocking out some teeth he admited it was him and fair play next day when the repair bloke was here he came up with £230 inc a little drink for me, after that they were fine and he still says hello to this day!!!
Oh and last year we still had our vectra gsi it was parked at the top off the drive. We live on a nasty bend which causes a few problems now and again anyway a 13 year old lad who lived not to far away in another road comes blatting down the hill on a quad throwes it round the bend and hits a corsa coming the other way head on, he goes flying, quad up in the air and the front wheel snaps off the quad and inbeds itself in my rear quarter panel. i grab the kid as he tries to do a runner, the woman driver of the corsa is shook up and all the kids going on about is the state off his quad!!! anyway i chuck this lad in the car to take him back to his house as i want the damage covered. Knock on his door his mom answers and i explain whats gone on she has a rant at him about taking it out in the day clips his ear and in he goes i say i will get a quote and drop the bill in, she laughs and says i will get nothing out of her and if i want to take it further ring the police!!! i did and they didnt want to know not bothered at all and there was nothing they could do!!!. getting back home the corsa was still there i gave the woman the address and she went up with her husband who had arrived and they were told the same!!!!
that all said we dont live in a war zone its normally a nice peacefull road
Old 08 May 2011, 08:11 AM
Lagamorph
Scooby Regular

I doubt its kids who have thought that up as its a very cute idea, unless someone else came up with it and told them to do it. ive had problems with neighbors over the back in the past and was told by the police I'm ok putting a camera up just as long as its facing my property and no need for signs? is it only needed on commercial properties?

I used to have problems with some gypo kids at an ex's place in stourport, found 20+ nails in my tyres one day, had to have 3 of them replaced!

Last edited by Lagamorph; 08 May 2011 at 08:14 AM.
Old 08 May 2011, 08:34 AM
domino46
Scooby Regular

Received 264 Likes on 172 Posts

i would get my mate to take my cars out for the day and make sure no one knew i was in,,,,if you get them on cctv the police wont do anything anyway

your best bet is to fight fire with fire
Old 08 May 2011, 10:56 AM
bazil smallwood
Scooby Regular

What you should do is put up the camera and see who it is. Then when the said Tossers turn uparrange a little welcome commitie.Stick the said tossers is the back of a van. strip the ****ers and the drop them off it the middle of town. lets see them explain that. no violence involved so when they complain the first question will be what were you doing on that persons property.
Let said tossers know that you know where they live and it will be worse if they come back
Old 08 May 2011, 11:03 AM
CREWJ
Scooby Regular

First things first, get the police involved. Once they say there's nothing they can do, then you can take matters into your own hands
Old 08 May 2011, 12:20 PM
B4D HK
Scooby Senior

sorry to hear this mate, some very sad lonely people in this world

find the little f*ckers and we can use them as WMI cammera stunt men at the TR
Old 08 May 2011, 12:44 PM
Wrxsmiley
Scooby Newbie

Mate i know what your going thought! In the last 4 weeks I've had 4 new tyres due to nails being in them...Ive looked allover where i park to find no nails but the next moring, suprise suprise 4 nails in one tyre! I think there is someone near me to with a grude about Subaru's
Old 08 May 2011, 01:20 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by bazil smallwood
What you should do is put up the camera and see who it is. Then when the said Tossers turn uparrange a little welcome commitie.Stick the said tossers is the back of a van. strip the ****ers and the drop them off it the middle of town. lets see them explain that. no violence involved so when they complain the first question will be what were you doing on that persons property.
That's so likely to get you a stretch inside...

It's foolish to suggest such behaviour !

Sadly the police aren't likely to give a damn.

dunx