Notices
West Mids Imprezas The Official Dedicated Forum For The West Mids Imprezas. A Charity Based Owners Club Based In & Around Birmingham / West Midlands.

Blackjax 4 Help Needed cars dead

Search this Thread

Old 11 September 2010, 06:11 PM
Black Widow
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blackjax 4 Help Needed cars dead

Any help please,

software that came with the blackjax 4 that was fitted to the car when i bought it had a serial cable with it, me being me i had a serial to usb adapter so thought id have a look at what i could change.

loaded software pluged it in selected the blackjax 4 from the dropdown, pressed go, it said it couldnt find the serial com ports, and thats about it, wont do anything when i enter the code.

pulled the plug of the interface to hopefully reset it, which i've done before when i first got the car it had a crazy code and i was always getting it wrong, but this hasnt helped.

ive traced the wires and im thinking of trying to put it back to standard but the clifford alarm has a wire coming out of it going to somewhere at the front of the car. (wonder if thats to the horn)

help would be appeciated.
Old 11 September 2010, 07:17 PM
my_first_scooby
Scooby Regular

Hello Mark

I'm not sure if the program works to well with those convertors. I have cliiford software but I have used an old laptop with the serial connection with no probs. your welcome to try using my laptop and I have access to Clifford g4/g5 wiring diagrams.

You still got my number give us a call
Old 11 September 2010, 07:26 PM
Black Widow
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by my_first_scooby
Hello Mark

I'm not sure if the program works to well with those convertors. I have cliiford software but I have used an old laptop with the serial connection with no probs. your welcome to try using my laptop and I have access to Clifford g4/g5 wiring diagrams.

You still got my number give us a call
Hi Steve,

Yes i do, will take you up on that, forgot you was a wiz with the alarms, my battery's gone a bit duff, charging it just to make sure, will let you know.

thanks for you help
Old 12 September 2010, 10:16 PM
sy.
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Black Widow
Hi Steve,

Yes i do, will take you up on that, forgot you was a wiz with the alarms, my battery's gone a bit duff, charging it just to make sure, will let you know.

thanks for you help
sorry mark missed ya text can remove/bypass it for ya if still req give us a call