Notices
West Mids Imprezas The Official Dedicated Forum For The West Mids Imprezas. A Charity Based Owners Club Based In & Around Birmingham / West Midlands.

What should I do with my Scoob

Search this Thread

Old 30 May 2010, 09:56 AM
my_first_scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What should I do with my Scoob

Need some help as I cant make up my mind

I have been given some cash as my work place is moving from by Birmingham Airport to Coventry, so I have bought a small car to do the daily commute and decided the Scoobs is going to be the fun car.

Now I have a 1997 Turbo 2000 that you may have seen at some of the club meets, but it is a 97 car and could do with and improvement here and there.

The decision I have to make is should I throw a few thousand at the one have and make it nice, ie respray, upgrade shocks, refurb anything that can be refurbed lol or should I sell up and buy a newer one I see so many nice ones at club meets which is why I was thinking of getting something newer when I say newer I would probably be looking at an 02 plate. Anyone add any advice/arguments that could sway me?
Old 30 May 2010, 10:18 AM
prodrive sti 340
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by my_first_scooby
Need some help as I cant make up my mind

I have been given some cash as my work place is moving from by Birmingham Airport to Coventry, so I have bought a small car to do the daily commute and decided the Scoobs is going to be the fun car.

Now I have a 1997 Turbo 2000 that you may have seen at some of the club meets, but it is a 97 car and could do with and improvement here and there.

The decision I have to make is should I throw a few thousand at the one have and make it nice, ie respray, upgrade shocks, refurb anything that can be refurbed lol or should I sell up and buy a newer one I see so many nice ones at club meets which is why I was thinking of getting something newer when I say newer I would probably be looking at an 02 plate. Anyone add any advice/arguments that could sway me?

02 plate would save you on spending more on an ecu remap, the classic are more of an interesting style of car (in my opinion) even though i have a newage, more classics about, so im guessing lots of secondhand mods available

you coming to meet today.
Old 30 May 2010, 10:33 AM
averyp2
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If its just a fun car your after id be tempted to sell up and buy a tidy classic ra. They are pretty 'basic' in terms of creature comforts but a hoot to drive. You could find a mint one for about £4k, i.e.
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1652309.htm
Old 30 May 2010, 11:29 AM
my_first_scooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by prodrive sti 340
02 plate would save you on spending more on an ecu remap, the classic are more of an interesting style of car (in my opinion) even though i have a newage, more classics about, so im guessing lots of secondhand mods available

you coming to meet today.
Hi can't make the meet today fitting some recon brakes, I agree with the remap point, my 1997 cant be mapped without an add on ECU I have seen an 02 wagon blue with twin headlamps that has caught my eye. with that said I remember the pleasure I got from seeing my last classic fully refurbed

Originally Posted by averyp2
If its just a fun car your after id be tempted to sell up and buy a tidy classic ra. They are pretty 'basic' in terms of creature comforts but a hoot to drive. You could find a mint one for about £4k, i.e.
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1652309.htm
Good idea but i'm not one for basic lol, just had a look at that one if I turned up home in that I can guarantee my missus wouldnt get in it because of the graphics. I remember when my first scoob turned up as a wreck on a trailer she wouldnt even look at it she hated it that much, soon changed her mind after it was resprayed tidyied up
I am goning to have a mooch on pistonheads see what else is on there
Old 30 May 2010, 11:39 AM
B4D HK
Scooby Senior

just my opinion, dont throw money at the older one as it you never get the money back (unless you are keeping it for a long time), upgrade and get the newer one bud
Old 30 May 2010, 12:07 PM
moojuicepez
Scooby Regular

Get a newer one, then throw some graphics on it
Old 30 May 2010, 03:39 PM
averyp2
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by my_first_scooby
Good idea but i'm not one for basic lol, just had a look at that one if I turned up home in that I can guarantee my missus wouldnt get in it because of the graphics. I remember when my first scoob turned up as a wreck on a trailer she wouldnt even look at it she hated it that much, soon changed her mind after it was resprayed tidyied up
I am goning to have a mooch on pistonheads see what else is on there
Id trade in the missus then
Old 30 May 2010, 05:59 PM
Tom87
Scooby Regular

I'd vote go for 02 plate, but only cos that equates to a Bugeye...and of course I'm biased!
Old 30 May 2010, 07:12 PM
Hammer man
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I`d agree with Paul and trade in the mrs...
Old 31 May 2010, 10:45 AM
my_first_scooby
Scooby Regular

I have packed her bags. she can take her sh1tty cat with her

I think I have made up my mind, after changing the brakes yesterday to find that I also need shocks. So I think I will change the shock then stick it up for sale
So for now I am going to be rolling in my Corsa until I can find something I like, its got three cylinders!